Your longest drive in ONE day?

Associate
Blue River to Edmonton in Canada - Was around 360 miles.

I drove 340miles from Ullapool to Perth via Tongue and Thurso in one hit a few years back, quite hard going as the weather was shocking and the roads are not brilliant in that area of the highlands, this was a much more intense drive.

Man of Honour
To be honest I'm not really interested in covering huge ground in the space of 1 day which is why despite many multi-thousand mile trips I think in mileage terms 530 in one day is about the most I've done, it's just better to break it up with an overnight stay if its much further.

Soldato
Well over 400 miles on the SIDC Tour d'Ecosse. Started at Ballachulish (south of Fort William), up to Applecross and Ullapool for lunch. Headed further north, then over towards Inverness and back down to the hotel. MPG must have been in single figures that day :D

Probably beaten by Santander to Tossa Del Mar for Rallye Catalunya. Seven Scoobies at full tilt through the motorway tunnels - sweet :cool:

Man of Honour
Probably around 9hrs or so, 450 miles from London to see family in France.

In my old job I'd commute up to Manchester, Britsol and Birmingham for a day.

I prefer to stop off rather than do too much in 1 day.

I've driven from London to Dublin too (via Leicestershire stop over), and then all the way up to Donegal in the NW of Ireland in the space of 2 days felt like quite a trip.

Soldato
Around 500 miles from Shelbyville, Tennessee to New Orleans, in a Camaro SS rental car. :) Part of doing over 2,000 miles in 10 days (with at least 3 days where we barely drove anywhere).

I regularly do Northampton to Chester return (300 miles) with 6-7 hours work in between. Bit of a killer tbh.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Frederikshavn DK - Brussels BE - 720 miles took 10 hours.

Done Brussels - Denmark a few times now but that was the furthest as I was coming from Norway.

Also did western Norway - Gothenburg which is only 500 miles but it also took 10 hours and I didn't stop as I didn't have to fill up. When I almost ran into the back of someone outside Gothenburg I decided to let my mate drive :o

Caporegime
Regularly hit my 10hour driving time limit, only to have 9hours off and do it again.

Varying distances, I would rather do a distance run than spend my day crawling round a city.

Did Stoke-on-Trent to Aberdeen, upto Inverness and back to Stoke in a Merc Sprinter a few years back. (No tacho graph)

Soldato
I'm just going to wait for 233 to post.

Better late than never

Longest this week was glasgow to Sheffield with a 30 min stop at scotch comer on the way home

Worst this year was glasgow to fort William for a pickup then down to heathrow before returning home to glasgow 18 hours including a couple of stops for a kip on the way back

Soldato
628 miles, from north Kent to Prayssac, southern France.

About 10 hours, give or take, not including the ferry. One fuel/toilet stop in France. Pretty easy to be honest, French autoroutes are great.

Soldato
According to google maps I did 932Km from Noosa Heads to Newcastle via Byron Bay in Australia. We were supposed to be stopping at Byron Bay, but the motel had 'lost' our booking and would only offer us the room at the full rate which was astronomical, so I got mad and just kept on driving! :)

Associate
Approximately 600 miles. Vegas > Grand Canyon > Vegas.

Longest for me in Britain is Midlands > Fort William. Pretty much bang on 400 miles. (and at the time in a 1.25 1998 fiesta zetec :D)

Associate
Solo: Sydney to Melbourne, 560 miles, on 2011 Christmas Eve.

Bored at work about 3pm everyone was leaving early. As an expat I had little planned for Christmas Day so decided to drive down to Melbourne to meet some other friends who were there for the Boxing day Ashes test. Ran home, grabbed a carrier bag of clothes and toiletries, jumped in the car and went. Got there about midnight and surprised my mates the next day.

Shared: Sydney to Adelaide with 2 friends, 870 miles, set off at 0915, got there at 1945 in time (30 mins time difference) to check in to our hotel and head to the bars.

Back
Top Bottom