[YOUR OPINON] Abit IX38 Quad GT

Soldato
Just had the choice between your current board and the Abit. Really wanted the Abit as I'm sick of ASUS boards with their little quirks, but the Abit's bundle is truly awful. 1 LAN socket and no Firewire, and the latter is critical to me. Somewhat grudgingly I went for a Formula.

Associate
Just had the choice between your current board and the Abit. Really wanted the Abit as I'm sick of ASUS boards with their little quirks, but the Abit's bundle is truly awful. 1 LAN socket and no Firewire, and the latter is critical to me. Somewhat grudgingly I went for a Formula.

the abit IX38 has 1 firewire on the I.O panel.

Soldato
& a header.

It doesn't include a PCI socket break out plate for extra USB/firewire sockets (will cost you about £1.50 to buy) or the PWM fan clips mentioned in the manual - both of these appear to have been a cockup in Taiwan.
There are however, a no. of posts on the 'net that people are now starting to receive the fan clips.

Probably the best places to check are the IX38 threads at abit USA forum, XS & http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/861-abit-ix38-quad-gt-living-review-ii.html
Bottom line is that it seems to be as good/bad as any other X38 really - I wouldn't hesitate to buy 1 if I needed an X38 (but I don't).

Back
Top Bottom