Your teams best/worst performer/performance

Soldato
Arsenal

Best Performance - Not an easy call, there weren't that many really, the Chelsea victory at Stamford Bridge was a good one though.

Worst Performance - Maybe vs Stoke or one of the Man Utd games.

Best Player - Couple could have a shout for this, Almunia, Gallas or Arshavin in my opinion with an honoury mention to Sagna.

Worst Player - Diaby has been poor at times, so has Adebayor.

Associate
Aston Villa

Best performance: Villa - Arsenal. Villa were al0 over arsenal for the first half. Went 2-0 down after 50 mins and then drew 2-2. Okay not the the best performance but thoroughly entertaining to watch.

Worst performance: Villa vs Stoke. Lol Villa's defence.

Best player: Petrov. He's been great this season even though he and Barry do not make a decent CM pairing.

Worst: Sidwell. Two great games then epic fail from there.

Caporegime
Sheffield Wednesday

Best Performance

Both results against Sheffield United. Amazing stuff.

Worst Performance

Maybe the 6-0 defeat to Reading (due to bad circumstances) or maybe the Barnsley game, that was just a really bad day for both sides.

Best Performer

Tommy Spurr, despite having to be told what to do a lot of the time he's a amazing young left back, has several times this season ran the left side, runs himself in to the ground, has scored a few wonder goals, and always gets forward and looks a threat. Has kept many many "top class" wingers in his pocket.

Worst Performer

Don't really have one, maybe Franny Jeffers for being a bit ****, but we don't play football that suits him. He's being pretty bad.

Soldato
Chelsea.

Best Game - Hmmph between 3-1 liverpool and 4-1 arsenal for pwnage. But the 4-4 vs. liverpool was immense.

Worst Game - Probably 3-0 to Man Utd or the cheeky barca 1-1.

Best Performer - Gotta be Frank, props to Anelka carrying us at the start of the season though. Malouda towards the end of this season has been a good 'addition' too

Worst Performer - really pains me to say this, but maybe Cech :(. I would have also said Ivanovich, but his performances in the CL really proved me wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
Blackburn Rovers

Best Performance
This is a tough one :p. Can't really think of any games that we have dominated this season however some highlights would have to be our 3-0 win over Stoke (Big Sams first game in charge), the 3-2 over Everton (Ince's first PL Game) and the 2-1 win over Spurs (Just for the points).

Worst Performance
Wigan when we lost 3-0. Ince's last game in charge for the club and after that game I wasn't suprised we sacked him. No passion from the team at all. He had lost the dressing room.

Best Performer

This is a tough one. Pedersen has been so much better this season than last, contributing with several vital assists. McCarthy has also come in to his own a bit more, possibly due the compeition. Keith Andrews also deserves a mention for his consistently comitted performances.

Worst Performer

Got to be either Keith Treacy or Aaron Mokoena. Mokoena just can't play at this level and although he's young Treacy has made far too many mistakes this season.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Arsenal

Best Performance - We didn't really have that many amazing games to be honest this season, grinding away at losses draws and wins all year. Probably the 2-1 home victory over Man UTD, we got the points even though we rode our luck a lot. Hammerings of Blackburn are worth a note here even though they're terrible.

Worst Performance - I thought we had a lot of bad luck against UTD in the Champion's League; I've never seen our shoulders drop the way they did after they went 0-2 up. I'd say either Stoke or Man City were probably the worst since we were terrible all the way through those games.

Best Player - Gallas actually ended up being quite solid when he was playing, and Theo was really good at the beginning of the season (see worst player). Almunia's been solid all year though apart from one game. So I'm going to go with him. Arshavin's right up there but hasn't found his feet or consistant form this year (unsurprising). Sagna and Clichy started really well, the former's form fell badly though towards the end and of course the latter was injured.

Worst Player - Theo ended the season terribly. Eboue's been crap all year, as has Denilson, Diaby and Silvestre. But even though he's probably got as many games under his belt as Eboue the worst has to be Adebayor, just because even on the pitch his attitude stinks.

Permabanned
Best Performance

Chelsea at Old Trafford.

Worst Performance

Liverpool at Old Trafford, they dicked us big time.

Best Performer

Rooney, the boy is awesome, if England win the World Cup it will be down to him.

Worst Performer

Nani, he frustrates me too much, potential? potentially awful, potentially great.

Soldato
Aston Villa:

Best performance - Probably the 2-0 away win at Arsenal back early in the season, it made people realise that we had a lot of fight about us and could challenge for the top 4. Of course, that was then..

Worst performance - Getting hammered 5-0 away at Liverpool. They were playing some awesome stuff around the time we played them, including 4-0 and 4-1 wins over 2 of the best teams in Europe.

Best performer - I'd say Brad Friedel. Has made some astonishing saves to keep us in many games and his consistency can't be doubted.

Worst performer - I think Cuellar has been poor for us this season. You could throw Milner in there too, his crosses are something shocking.

Whoever said we defended poorly against Stoke, IIRC they fluked 2 goals so you can't really single that game out. Stoke were immense at home this season.

Last edited:
Soldato
Everton

Best performance - I think we played really really good vs Wigan.... even Steve Bruce admitted after the match we was brilliant.The performance against Villa in FA cup was decent aswell.

Worst performance - I can't really think of a game we played bad this season though we didn't give it our best vs Man Utd in Semi Finals of FA cup and to be honest with the small quad we've had plus unlucky injuries i have to say this is probably our best premiership season performance-wise especially if we win the FA cup.

Best performer - It's extremely hard to pick one since a lot have played out of their skins, Jagielka sure has been a rock and very impressive.I've also been surprised by how well Baines is doing too....would be nice if he gets a chance with England squad someday.Tim Cahill has also been great this season but he usually is just a shame he missed the start.

Worst performer - Can't really say anyone though our defenders were a bit mediocre in the first 5-6 games and Fellaini was being too aggressive yet he seemed to cope very well 2nd half of the season.(though he was harsh done by sometimes probably because of his size.)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I really haven't rated Butt this season, just hasn't been good enough

who has been our best mate, no one really. not one player for us this season has been consistent, either plagued wih injury at the wrong times (like always) or simply lacklustre performances.

i would say andy carol, his equaliser against stoke gave us some belief, but then he couldnt get a game and now he is injured. but i could say martins because he is a nuisance for defenders, bassong has been pretty good too. i couldnt say who has been our best to be honest, because we havnt been playing good as a team.

worst player for me, defo have ryan taylor in there - bring back emre or laurent robert anyday. :D

albert luque scored more goals for us than owen, im sick of him now and his injuries and inability to put away simple goals.

THE END IS NIGH! :(:(:(:(:(

Man of Honour
Chelsea

Best Performance

Beating Portsmouth 4-0 on the opening day.

Whilst the latter stages of the CL were great at times, particularly our ownership of Liverpool at Anfield and the job at Barca, our early season performances under Scolari were nothing short of amazing, so much so that after about 6 games we were touted as the best team in the world. We weren't of course, it was just a blip.

Worst Performance

Losing 3-0 at Old Trafford.

This is when it became blatantly obvious to everyone that Scolari only new how to win a game and had no idea how not to lose. He was completely beaten tactically by Fergie and plenty of other managers saw how to play us after that.

Best Performer

Lamps.

Possibly his best season yet but weirdly not recognised by the PFA or FWA, at least the supporters did.

Worst Performer

Scolari.

Back
Top Bottom