Your thoughts on an iMac

Associate
I'm thinking of getting an iMac 2.4gz or 2.8ghz. I'll be using it for editing HDV footage from my Canon HV20 and editing pics. Nothing professional, just holiday/travel footage.

Throw in the usual surfing, email, iTunes, and some RTS gaming (Company of Heroes etc) via Boot Camp.

Do you think the iMac would be a worthwile investment considering the above ? I'd like to hear from people who edit video in iMovie or maybe Final Cut Express and use one of the new iMac's.

Soldato
iMovie sounds ideal for what you need. iPhoto offers very basic photo editing which may or may not be enough for what you want. Have you tried the video editor that comes with Windows Vista? Its not bad actually and is one of the good things about the OS yet people rarely mention it.

In regards to email, web and iTunes the Mac excels as you'd probably expect. Not much more to say on that front.

Not sure what to say about the game front. I've seen my brother play CoH and the graphics look pretty good (8800GT) so you'll probably have to lower the settings a lot because the iMac graphics card is very average.

Overall I would recommend an iMac. Some people might suggest a MacBook Pro but bang for buck the iMac is pretty solid. :)

Associate
OP
Which drivers should I download for use with Windows in Boot Camp on the iMac ? Will the standard Windows drivers from the AMD site be the ones ?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Which drivers should I download for use with Windows in Boot Camp on the iMac ? Will the standard Windows drivers from the AMD site be the ones ?

They come on the Leopard installation disc

Back
Top Bottom