Life on Mars
Survivors (the original)
Band of Brothers
Spooks
Downton Abbey
Ashes to Ashes
Blackadder
The Fast Show

Lost, Prison Break and Heros were right up there in the following thread that was started six years a go. Somehow I doubt many would feel the same way about them these days : https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18153323

Soldato
I no order-

Peep Show(I say no order, but it was the first I thought of!)
Columbo
The Thick of It
Firefly
Fringe
I'm Alan Partridge
Red Dwarf
BSG
South Park

Permabanned
In no order aside from the last 3.

Lost (up to season 5)
Messiah
Stranger Things
Firefly
Breaking Bad (cus obvs)
Saxondale (still the best thing Coogan has ever done imho)
Peep Show

3. Band Of Brothers
2. Fargo (specifically Season 1, but Season 2 is basically just as good)
1. Twin Peaks

Last three basically changed the way I thought about Television as an artistic medium, Twin Peaks especially. Actually, Twin Peaks changed the way I thought about pretty much everything xD

Soldato
Only fools and horses
The x files
Breaking bad

Not a big tv show viewer, but recently I've watched a few good series on Netflix which I thought were great.....

Narcos
Bloodline
Stranger things
The last Kingdom

Almost exclusively pre-2000s for me as I can't be arsed with reality TV, Popstars, X Factor, Big Brother etc. So here's 9 from pre-2000s in no particular order:

Red Dwarf (all series)
Gladiators
Top of the Pops
Inspector Gadget
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Porridge
The Mary Whitehouse Experience
Robot Wars
Knightmare

Then the 1 and only post-2000s show that gets a mention is:

The Mighty Boosh

So that's my 10 :)

Soldato
Almost exclusively pre-2000s for me as I can't be arsed with reality TV, Popstars, X Factor, Big Brother etc.

That's pretty silly then if you think that's all there is... I'd be fairly sure 80% of the people posting here have no interest in the above rubbish either. I don't know why you might use that as a reason to not watch some good shows though.

Soldato
In no special order-

Red Dwarf
Babylon 5
Sons Of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Stargate
Stargate Atlantis
Star Trek - all of them!
The Wire
The Sopranos
Game of Thrones

Soldato
Out of all the Shows posted here in this thread there is one show that will never be beaten, expanded, a new series.

Lost

nothing will be shown ever, that compares to this. It was (inc all it's flaws etc) the best thing toever be shwon on TV. It's possibly the best tv show ever. I have favourites that I prefer but you cant deny what Lost is/was/could be. Top Tv .

Last edited:
I'll give you 1 and 2, but what is wrong with series 7 :)

Masks
Descent
Gambit
Phantasms
Force of nature (episode soon forgotten)
Sub Rosa
Masks
Masks (three times it's so bad)
Genesis
Bloodlines
Emergence

All completely dreadful and mostly filler. 1 or 2 good episodes only. Parallels and Pegasus and maybe the final episode.

Soldato
Band of Brothers
West Wing
Newsroom
Dexter (mostly S1-5 though)
Billions (though wait to see if it can continue its brilliance)
Babylon 5
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
The 4400
Blackadder

Soldato
Out of all the Shows posted here in this thread there is one show that will never be beaten, expanded, a new series.

Lost

nothing will be shown ever, that compares to this. It was (inc all it's flaws etc) the best thing toever be shwon on TV. It's possibly the best tv show ever. I have favourites that I prefer but you cant deny what Lost is/was/could be. Top Tv .

It 'lost' its way so badly after such a fantastical start that I feel it doesn't deserve this title at all.
The mish mash of oddness stuffed with flawed flaws upon flaws made it fail desperately in its latter stages.

I'll be interested to see how Fargo continues with more seasons.

It 'lost' its way so badly after such a fantastical start that I feel it doesn't deserve this title at all.
The mish mash of oddness stuffed with flawed flaws upon flaws made it fail desperately in its latter stages.

I'll be interested to see how Fargo continues with more seasons.

Was about the post the same thing.

Soldato
Yeah, Lost started well and was good until it became obvious the writers were making it up as they went along. It descended into an unsatisfying mess. Wouldn't make my top 20.

Anyone else watch Justified btw? Not top 10 materialbut very decent stuff.

Back
Top Bottom