Your views on gun laws in the UK

Wise Guy
Soldato
you cant use a gun if you can't get a gun.

You only need a gun as self defence if other people have guns.

Same with knives.

It is ridiculous to say we need guns.

What about 90lb woman? Or someone in a wheel chair? Or an 80 year old? How are the supposed to defend themselves?

Soldato
What about 90lb woman? Or someone in a wheel chair? Or an 80 year old? How are the supposed to defend themselves?

They are not. It is part of life that vulnerable people exist. Do you really think a person in a wheel chair with a gun is going to be that much better off during a home invasion that a wheel chair user without? It wouldn't be like in the movies, real life is very different.

Soldato
I'm sure most people have spent £10k on cars, going out drinking, cigarettes, iphone contracts, music, sky tv, fast food, designer clothes, etc.

Self-defense is worth 10k to me. It's just like an insurance policy except you're paying all the premiums up front.

if your safety isn't worth 10k and you'd rather have a BMW instead of a Toyota then that's your choice.

While I can see your point about locking up guns and making them very expensive, but then it totally defeats the point of self defence. If you were to be "attacked" at home you would have to get to the gun safe open it and load the gun before you could defend yourself which no matter how close to the safe you are would take too long.

If you are trying to advocate a concealed or open carry then that is a totally stupid idea for the reasons I stated in my last post, you cannot be 100% certain you will hit your target or if you do the bullet will stop inside, which IMO is totally unacceptable as a stray bullet could kill anyone.

Wise Guy
Soldato
The state is not going to turn its guns on us now is it. Even if it did a bunch of conspiracy theorist ***** with Glocks won't last very long against one of the best equipped and trained armys in the world.

There is absolutely no reason for thus country to allow firearms for self defence.

How long did the Northern Ireland troubles last again? That was just a bunch of ***** with armalites after all.

Wise Guy
Soldato
They are not. It is part of life that vulnerable people exist. Do you really think a person in a wheel chair with a gun is going to be that much better off during a home invasion that a wheel chair user without? It wouldn't be like in the movies, real life is very different.

Oh I didn't know you need legs to shoot a gun :confused:

Guns = leveler.

Disabled:

14 year old girl:

Small woman:

Elderly:

Wise Guy
Soldato
While I can see your point about locking up guns and making them very expensive, but then it totally defeats the point of self defence. If you were to be "attacked" at home you would have to get to the gun safe open it and load the gun before you could defend yourself which no matter how close to the safe you are would take too long.

If you are trying to advocate a concealed or open carry then that is a totally stupid idea for the reasons I stated in my last post, you cannot be 100% certain you will hit your target or if you do the bullet will stop inside, which IMO is totally unacceptable as a stray bullet could kill anyone.

My guns are either on me, within arms reach or locked in a safe. When I answer the front door I have one concealed on me already. When I'm mowing the lawn I have it. When I'm driving my car I have it. When I'm in bed it's in a quick access safe within arms reach.

Th average self-defence shooting happens at 7 yards. Being able to hit the right target is why you should practice. Home defense guns should have lights on them and you should practice doing a walk through and thinking about where you might take shots from and what's behind.

BTW a 5.56 ammo will fragment and not penetrate more than a couple of sheets of gypsum board.
http://how-i-did-it.org/drywall/results.html

Back
Top Bottom