Your worst sports injury

Soldato
Broke my left foot in 4 places when i came off my bike. That was last april and its still not ok again,i have a small lump,the bones crack all the time and it gets soooo sore i cant move it after a day at work. Still waiting on my letter for my CT scan appointment aswell.

Oh and they missed the 4 breaks the night i went to A and E two weeks later it was broken......a week later it was broken in 4 places and i might not be able to use it properly again.....WTFNHS

Smashed my head open about 5 times,had staples in the top of my head and have a scar on my forehead because of them.

Associate
I tore the ligaments in my knee playing rugby, was on crouches for few weeks.

Happened around 14, doctor crapped herself when i walked in, she expected a full grown adult, because of the size of my knee in the x-ray :p

Broke my friends wrist playing rugby :(

Permabanned
No broken bones,but knackered my lower back playing rugby,and still get occasional gip from it 25yrs on.
Worst sports related injury i've commited was catching a mates finger in the gate to the training ground as i shut it,amazingly didnt break his finger,but you could see the bone -feel queesy just thinking about it now :(

Soldato
Gilly said:
Tore my hamstring when I was roadrunning, and tore a ligament in my ankle when I was clubbing. Both kept me out of sport a long time and still cause pain.

Never torn a hamstring thankfully, I hear it's about as painful as a muscle tear can get.

I feel your pain with the ankle, you must have some serious dance moves to do it while out clubbing tho (you weren't doing the robot were you) :)

Soldato
fractured my wrist when i was in goal 4 years ago. was playing for my team, mate gave a way a penalty i was in goal the opponent blasted it saved it with my right arm and then landed awkwardly on it :( never played in goal afterwards cos im worried i will muck it up again.yes im a wuss!

Don
jesta said:
fractured my wrist when i was in goal 4 years ago. was playing for my team, mate gave a way a penalty i was in goal the opponent blasted it saved it with my right arm and then landed awkwardly on it :( never played in goal afterwards cos im worried i will muck it up again.yes im a wuss!
A friend of mine broke his wrist doing the high jump at school, sticks out in my mind because i just remember walking into the Gym and hearing our teacher telling him to chew on his pencil :eek: ;) :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
My worst sports injury has been an injury to my shoulders. I dont know what I did, but they poped and hurt a lot. I think they are gradually healing though.

Right now, I have two ingrown toenails that are preventing me from running a much as I need to/want to.

Associate
Motorcycle Racing Injuries:

Bi-lateral collar bone fractures
Scaphoid fractures(hand), about 5 times left and right
Several other minor hand fractures
Rib fractures
Knee injuries
Thigh muscles ripped apart by spinning rear tyre (nasty)
Metatarsal (foot) fracture
Fractured Pelvis
Lots of abrasions and bruises!

Had lots of crashes where i escaped injury when i really should have been hurt and vice versa.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Broke both bones in my forearm at the same time.

It was broken bad enough that i had a 90 degree bend in my forearm :(

I had to have an operation to get the bones put back ion place. I was lucky they didnt need to wire my arm up or i would have had to have a second operation to get the wires removed

Soldato
Couple of Broken Ribs playing American Football.

Dislocated Wrist playing Rugby at School

Ligament damage to my ankle playing football

Industrial Dancing injury at Xmas Party last year has resulted in Knee ligament damage so I have been away from Kung Fu for nearly eight months :mad:

Associate
weirdly ive never had any sort of dislocation or breakage considering im quite skinny. The worst thing ive done is when i was riding my bike no handed (yes i was young and stupid :p) collided with my mate who was doing the same thing and sent me face first into the pavement. That left me a nice black eye and a little scar on my forehead.

Bri

Bri

Soldato
Gilly said:
Tore my hamstring when I was roadrunning...

meep meep!

I cracked my Radius (forearm) playng football when I was 14, broke my other arm coming off my bike when younger too.

Since then, been nearly injury free. Currently out of our 5-a-side team for 4 weeks so far with a Level 2 sprain (whatever that means) on my ankle.

ankle.jpg

:(

Associate
Rich_L said:
Ruptured anterior cruciate & torn medial ligament in knee, no rugby for me this season!

I severed my ACL completely playing normal football (rehab from reconstrucion sucks -know how ya fell bud), and then bashed it a couple of times since surgery with american football, but its holding up so far ...finds a bit of wood to touch

Soldato
regimentaldj said:
I severed my ACL completely playing normal football (rehab from reconstrucion sucks -know how ya fell bud), and then bashed it a couple of times since surgery with american football, but its holding up so far ...finds a bit of wood to touch
Yeah not looking forward to it :( Most annoyingly to all intents and purposes I'm fine, spent the weekend haring around on a beach playing frisbee etc and it held up fine...grrrr...but consultant said unless I get it fixed I run the risk of totally knackering it so surgery it is, just waiting for a date now, yay! :p

Goddamn sport, hell it's fun though :D

Permabanned
Two broken fingers, four broken toes, two broken ribs.

Recently a week in a cast with a suspected fractured knee.

However I've inflicted more broken bones than had broken myself.

Comes with the territory I suppose.

Associate
Rich_L said:
Most annoyingly to all intents and purposes I'm fine, spent the weekend haring around on a beach playing frisbee etc and it held up fine

I built muscles up to compensate for lack of ligament whilst waiting for surgery (apparently some people can live fine like this). Thought i might be able to get away with it without surgery, but in first match back it gave way mid game ...deffo worth the surgery. Cause it will buckle on you when ya constantly run and cut and consecuently damage the meniscus. Problem is NHS is so slow, im going private if my other one packs in :(
Good luck with it all anyway mate, and deffo put the effort in rehab cause loads of people get lazy and it doesnt repair to the full extent.

Back
Top Bottom