** YOU'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER DESK: SAY HELLO TO OUR LARGEST MONITOR YET!! PHILIPS 43" 4K MONSTER!!

Associate
Never went with the 40" Phillips as it had PWM and no HDMI 2.0.
But this is looking fantastic, always wanted a huge monitor as I don't own a TV and the missus constantly complains about my wee 27" 1440p screen not being big enough for her shows!
My 980ti is ready too :D

Soldato
I'm wondering how viable this is vs an equivalent UHD 4K TV for use with Netflix and gaming via PS4? Would it perform better in that regard vs an equivalent Samsung TV for example (minus the Smart features of course)?

Associate
Would be an awesome monitor for console gaming... dreams of playing Xbox One on this. Probably a bit too big for most people's tastes and desks though so would have to be wall-mounted.

Unless I'm missing something I don't see the point in buying this for console use, it's a 4k panel, just grab a low latency 1080p TV. I use a Sony TV that is 16ms perfect for console gaming.

Associate
Unless I'm missing something I don't see the point in buying this for console use, it's a 4k panel, just grab a low latency 1080p TV. I use a Sony TV that is 16ms perfect for console gaming.

I suppose thinking about it now, I wouldn't use it solely for console gaming, streaming netflix in 4k is something i've always wanted to do, just never had the TV or the internet speed. But console gaming may see some improvements from being displayed on this panel.

OcUK Staff
OP
Blimey that's a good price.

I'm so tempted. It would be a second monitor though for films etc, I really couldn't give up the ROG for gaming as a main.

Yes these are not FPS monitors, more suitable to productivity, movies and none FPS gaming. As for FPS gaming it is hard to beat a G-SYNC/FREESYNC high refresh rate monitor. :)

Back
Top Bottom