YouTube app ever increasing ads - alternative?

Soldato
Yeah the VPN thing is great. It's not as daunting as you'd think even for people like me who have next to no experience using VPN's in general.
Everyone says it's really simple but I was always wary that if someone could balls it up it would be me but it was simple as anything.
I'd definitely recommend it over using 3rd party apps such as Vanced.

I'm amazed Google haven't clamped down on it, they must know people are at it?
Maybe it isn't worth their while.

Soldato
YouTube vanced updated today and installed an app called puretuber which is full of ads and sits running all the time. I have removed this app.
scam app. Did you install vanced from the playstore? If you did, uninstall it follow the instructions here: Download YouTube Vanced APK [NON-ROOT] for your Android smartphone (xda-developers.com). Any copy of Vanced you see on the playstore is fake.

This website = fake (mentions the 'upgrade' to puretuber):
No ads, background play and download - YouTube Vanced APK, Vanced | YouTube Vanced

This is the real website:
YouTube Vanced (vancedapp.com)

scam app. Did you install vanced from the playstore? If you did, uninstall it follow the instructions here: Download YouTube Vanced APK [NON-ROOT] for your Android smartphone (xda-developers.com). Any copy of Vanced you see on the playstore is fake.

This website = fake (mentions the 'upgrade' to puretuber):
No ads, background play and download - YouTube Vanced APK, Vanced | YouTube Vanced

This is the real website:
YouTube Vanced (vancedapp.com)

Thank you for that.

I have chosen to remove the app and avoid watching YouTube on my phone. I mostly use chrome and ABP.

Soldato
When doing the Indian VPN thing are you creating a 'dummy' Google account to do the whole process? Or is it safe to just use your normal account?

Back
Top Bottom