YouTube doesn't suck ... finally.

Soldato
still doesnt get round the problem of why flash is so bad on osx. it really isnt all that terrible on windoze. could be a long time before other video sites and things like iplayers catch up to html5 :(

whats chrome like on osx and is this new youtube working good on it ? i use firefox at the moment but spend a lot of time on youtube so will it be worth a swap ?

Soldato
still doesnt get round the problem of why flash is so bad on osx. it really isnt all that terrible on windoze.

The same reason iTunes on Mac is better than it is on Windows. And why Adobe haven't made the CS4 Mac Suite 64-bit, it's all priority.

I'm liking the direction that things are taking - Apple have really taken flak for the lack of Flash in their mobile products but it's making people question their need for Flash.

Personally I very rarely use it and could probably do without it. Sure YouTube is using Flash but that's only a front end to what is h.264 video.

Soldato
Does HTML5 support encryption that I assume things like the BBC's iPlayer require?

It would be the video codec supporting the encryption rather than HTML5. Also iPlayer only uses encryption (DRM) for the desktop software, the Flash player and iPhone streams are completely unencrypted. Another difficulty lies with the need for an open codec.

Soldato
I think people overdo it a bit on how bad Flash is on OS X. Yes, it's worse than it is on Windows, but it's not a complete trainwreck.

I doubt users who aren't blog-reading-internauts, the majority, have any complaints with it.

Soldato
I think people overdo it a bit on how bad Flash is on OS X. Yes, it's worse than it is on Windows, but it's not a complete trainwreck.

I doubt users who aren't blog-reading-internauts, the majority, have any complaints with it.

I don't like the fact that it makes my fan go all noisey on my unibody, im used to the silence!

Back
Top Bottom