YouTube Help

Soldato
First, mods, if this sort of thing isn't allowed apologies and please just remove the thread :)

Hi all,

My lad, like most kids these days, has decided he wants to be a YouTuber. Ultimately it will almost certainly not amount to anything but I have always believed that with kids if they are keen about something to encourage the interest and see where it goes.

He wants to make videos about Roblox and Fortnite and he has made a few which I have posted for him on a YouTube account I created for him. He is dead keen and his videos are already getting better and looking to try and give him a confidence boost with some additional views/likes/subscribers.

Would any of you folk be kind enough to help out and give some of his videos a watch and like/subscribe etc. Just wanting to help him get started as with more likes/views/subscribes he is more likely to get picked up in random searches for people looking for that content and in turn help him pick up more subscribers.

His page is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAAdvilrArAews15XCjgftg again, I would be grateful if you can help!

Again, mods, if this sort of thread is not allowed please remove.

Thanks all in advance :)

Soldato
Honestly with the way the world is going with streamers and influencers I would keep encouraging him. If he gets popular he can take care of you with the amount of money they make nowadays lol if not video editing skills will be sought after.

Re the video side, see if you can get someone (or himself) to make an intro/outro. Presentation and production value goes a long way to get people to last more than 30 seconds, as well as having audio levels done well.

Best of luck to him.

Soldato
OP
Honestly with the way the world is going with streamers and influencers I would keep encouraging him. If he gets popular he can take care of you with the amount of money they make nowadays lol if not video editing skills will be sought after.

Re the video side, see if you can get someone (or himself) to make an intro/outro. Presentation and production value goes a long way to get people to last more than 30 seconds, as well as having audio levels done well.

Best of luck to him.

Regards audio levels I assume that would just be getting him a better microphone? At the moment he just uses the PS4 headset he chats to his mates with and talks into the Ipad on his Roblox videos.

Regards a decent intro//outro I am guessing that would be something I would have to pay for?

Soldato
Regards audio levels I assume that would just be getting him a better microphone? At the moment he just uses the PS4 headset he chats to his mates with and talks into the Ipad on his Roblox videos.

Regards a decent intro//outro I am guessing that would be something I would have to pay for?

Yeah a decent microphone can make a lot of different, don't buy a stupidly expensive one just YouTube something like 'best value streamer microphones' etc most people stay watching a channel because they like the personality of the YTuber/Streamer not just because of the game they play.

Intro/Outro usually yes but you might find a kind soul trying to expand their portfolio and willing to do one for a worthy cause. Think there is even a sub-forum on here relating to it so could always ask in there.

Soldato
Also, maybe tell him to talk about the games and what you have to do on them. I’ve never seen that tower game before. Maybe offer helpful tips or advice for playing them etc.

Soldato
OP
Yeah a decent microphone can make a lot of different, don't buy a stupidly expensive one just YouTube something like 'best value streamer microphones' etc most people stay watching a channel because they like the personality of the YTuber/Streamer not just because of the game they play.

Intro/Outro usually yes but you might find a kind soul trying to expand their portfolio and willing to do one for a worthy cause. Think there is even a sub-forum on here relating to it so could always ask in there.

Slight necro, which is the right sub to ask about this?

Caporegime
There's quite a range of good VFM USB microphones available, such as those from Blue, Audio Technika, and Rode. There's also XLR mics though they tend to be more expensive, and certainly not necessary to get started with.

With a reasonable mic, room to record in, and a bit of post audio production, you can get quite a decent result for not much outlay.

Some good channels that I've found useful for audio are:

https://www.youtube.com/user/musicradiocreative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx4eJ_EP9MJdz19JUjKD1w

Back
Top Bottom