YouTube Music Premium

Soldato
HI Everyone,

Just wondering what's everyones thought on the YT Music premium service. My contract is coming up to an end now so I need to decide if I'm keeping spotify, or switching over to something else.

IIRC

Single

£9.99 Youtubue Music Premium - Just the music
£11.99 Youtube Premium - same as above, but ad-free videos in youtube along with movies and tv shows

Family

£14.99
£17.99

Soldato
OP
I use it every day but for videos not music. They gave me a three month trial which has just expired and I'm going to keep it going. When I get round to walking through the bluetooth headphones minefield then I'll probably use the music aspect more often. The no advert aspect of youtube is brilliant and I've found myself use the picture in picture mode a fair bit as well which surprised me.

Thanks, are you going to pay the £9.99 or the family plan and try to get them to give you something towards it?

Soldato
OP
I mentioned that over on the my Google Play thread and posed the question how. I ended up using my Revolut card as I said. I went back into my subscription section today after a couple of users pointed out you CAN use credits for YT premium but I still cannot see an option for it. It only allowed me to use debit/credit card.
Do I need to do it somewhere else?

You know what....I think I am mistaken after looking through my google pay and natwest apps. I just had this feeling that after all these months I was automatically paying for it through google credits. I don't think I actually am.

Ignore me!

Soldato
OP
Jesus, after using Apple Music for the last six months, then trying Spotify again I didn’t realise how awful the sound quality is on Spotify. YT music is ok though.

I’m sure Spotify didn’t use to be that bad, maybe I just never noticed before.

Tried the quality and equaliser settings but it pales in comparison to the other two.

Soldato
OP
lol YTM is so gash. I'm trying to give it a go but it just does my nut. What's the point in subscribing to artists? You end up with them filling up your (main) YouTube subscriptions. I don't care about videos for artists; funnily enough I just want to listen to them! :mad:

O8Q80as.png

I woke up this morning and wanted to listen to some Metallica (or at least their Ennio Morricone intro music and then the first few songs from S&M or Live ****). How hard do they make it? Honestly putting some stupid YT fan-uploaded videos above the videos in my library? What? Are they smoking crack? The whole thing is ridiculous. 3 extra clicks to find a proper album in my library.

I see Spotify have just launched Premium Duo for £12.99/month. That's less than my current lifetime deal of £7.99/month for GPM and has the benefit of Duo Mix (like Family Mix) which will help stop the arguments about music when cooking etc.

Just do the Indian family plan. It's crap yeah, but when your only paying £2 a month you kinda put up with it.

That said I'm also using Spotify at the minute but mainly because YouTube doesn't work with Amazon echos. Before that I was using Apple music which I have a real soft spot for. It just doesn't seem right though using Apple music on an Android phone lol

Soldato
OP
You mean for YTM or Spotify? Is there a guide for setting that up on Spotify? To be honest £12.99 between two is not bad at all.

Just connect to an indian VPN and sign up to youtube premium on the family plan. You still use your existing google account. Once you have subscribed, you don't need to use the VPN again. Youtube premium gives you music as part of the package.

CsBswSQ.jpg

Soldato
OP
Ok fair enough. I was reading about doing the same for Spotify where users were saying it is a much smaller library. I wonder if YTM is the same.

Either way it's not money that's the issue. Granted it's better to pay £2 rather than £7.99 for a service I don't like -- but I'm probably 85% certain I'll be switching to Spotify Premium Duo once I get the girlfriend to sign it off/approve, as it were :p

No worries. Regarding content, it's the same, but you do get indian recommendations on the homescreen. It's ok for searching and adding to playlists though.

Soldato
OP
Just recently I been forcing myself to use YTM over spotify. I'm just a tight arse really.

You know, I'm starting to really like it. The history and having it guess what songs I might like is really quite brilliant. I've found a lot of great songs I wouldn't have found using spotify.

Spotify kept playing me bloomin harry styles and dua lipa on repeat just because at some point in time I might have stumbled across a now album :p

Soldato
OP
Isn't YTM the same price as Spotify? Or are you doing some weird Indian VPN thing?

It might be a new feature, but Spotify lets you mute artists and dislike songs. Seems a little better than a thumbs down on YTM.

Anyhoo, I just cancelled my YTM at £7.99 and we're now on Spotify Premium Duo for £12.99 (so cheaper per month, each). Infinitely better straight away, I used Soundiiz to copy all my library which actually worked very well indeed. I was surprised. (I've also now revoked it's access, cancelled my sub, and change all of my passwords :p).

We've only used it a couple of times, but it's an absolute pleasure sticking on the Duo Mix when cooking etc. No more flippin' arguments 3 songs in when I put my stuff on shuffle "I don't know who this is, I didn't choose it, it's on ****ing shuffle for the hundredth time!" :mad: :p

Yeah, I pay £1.99 for the family plan (YT premium with no ads and music)

for the money I pay, I'm more than happy with it

Back
Top Bottom