Soldato
one of the few videos on this guys channel where he meets someone as talented as himself!
pretty much my favourite YT channel since discovering it about a month ago

Man of Honour
Brass balls that woman.

That's cold enough to freeze the balls on a brass monkey.

It's not just the full submersion in conditions that must be well below freezing (the ice is thick enough to have a fire burning on it and you can see it's at least a foot thick when she goes in), it's the hanging around afterwards on a flat, windswept surface while wet wearing nothing that gives any thermal protection. A penguin would find that a bit cold!

EDIT: I thought I'd seen her before. She's the person in the herding call video. She has a lovely singing voice.

She has courage, but not because of her cold tolerance. She was doing all right in a modern city and jacked the lot in to move to a miniscule hamlet in the middle of nowhere, population 10. No typo - 10 people in the whole place, scattered around a bit. No job. No money. A ramshackle old house, which she had to partially rebuild herself just to make it inhabitable. The winters of the far north of Sweden, which are hard. All to follow a dream of peace and tranquility in nature. I'd have left a week into winter. She's been there 8 years now and is as happy as Larry, making a living as an artist and singing to cows. Seriously, she sings to cows. It's an old way of gathering them in from wherever they've gone wandering off to, tailored to carry a long distance in that environment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom