*** Youtube/Video thread ***

I'm finding this channel interesting. The video titles can be rather clickbaity, but the content is detailed tech and engineering. Detailed enough to ensure that a viewer could duplicate the results, with precise explanations of what's done and why and what the required settings are. This video is about fans and heatsinks and "overclocking" solar panels, so it seems like a good fit for here.

The simple summary is that with the right knowledge, some relatively cheap materials, some relatively cheap off the shelf components and the use of equipment to cut and bend aluminium plating he was able to increase the net power output of an off the shelf solar panel by about 4% while also probably extending the working lifespan of the panel. He also talks about scalability, how to increase the efficiency when implemented on a larger scale, stuff like that.

*Snipped the vid out*
Bit slow to spot this but have to say I agree, I'd add to the recommendation for anyone who's vaguely interested in any of the videos on this channel to give them a watch.

I've seen a couple of their videos over the years and always appreciate the detail added around how and why they're doing what they are. Think I first saw the experiments with different speaker building materials leading into him building a set of speakers he's clearly very proud of. I get the impression the clickbate titles are part tongue in cheek, part following the algorithm.

I've no idea what he does/did for a career but it's great that it's allowed him to have such a well kitted out workshop at home. Obviously started as just a father and son project to make a few videos for fun and it turned out great.

Back
Top Bottom