Z690 Asus waterblock

Soldato
From what i have read you can fit a 1200 CPU block on an Asus board, is mounting pressure still ok? has anyone gone down this road? I dont want a velocity 2 as its not for 24/7 usage preferring a "normal" type block like the supremacy, talking of which i do have one kicking about but no backplate or mounting hardware, can i buy it if it will work?

Soldato
Tried the Velocity1 and alphacool xpx temporarily and they worked fine. Not sure about the supremacy but I think it uses the same mounting hardware as the velocity so should be fine too.

Just a pain to install with how big the VRM cooling around the board is. Difficult to get fingers in to tighten the nuts. I'd recommened getting the alphacool mounting or something similar with screws.

1-2.png
2-2.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
thanks for that, i'll grab some of the velocity 1 mounting hardware then. Yeah the thumbscrews do look close to those heatsinks, im on Apex so i'll just take them off and use fans, its only for abit of benching fun ;)

Associate
Asus were the only mobo makers to put mounting holes for the old mounting sockets. I was checking them out as I have a Magnitude that I wanted to use again, but in teh end it was the mobo and ddr5 prices that are making me wait till the porices drop dowwn

Back
Top Bottom