Z750

Soldato
Hey guys. Any Z750 owners here that can tell me how they're finding/found theirs? Pros/Cons etc
I'm looking to get one when i get a place with a garage. I've been bike-less for 3 years :( because i'm living with my girlfriend in a new flat, no garage = no bike (can't be dealing with weather issues).
I'm loving the look and sound of the Z750 and will get a test ride hopefully this summer.

Apart from the looks and sounds, i'm looking for comfort and handling. I hope the Z750 can provide. I'm 6' and just over 12 stone, so generally average build. My last bike was a CBR400RR (babyblade) and whilst is was very nippy and handled like a beaut, it was obviously designed for small Japanese guys.. man was it uncomfortable.

Soldato
I've not ridden one but they are very popular on the continent. I'm pretty sure the engine is a detuned and sleeved zx9r unit so it's meant to be pretty nice and solid. I think the reviews in the UK mags didn't like the suspension, it's really budget stuff so probably lacks adjustment and the front forks are damper rod so expect them to dive like crazy when your on the brakes. I have damper rod forks on my f800st, it's the first thing I'd like to upgrade on it followed by the rear shock then tyres. There's probably a gold valve upgrade kit to sort out the front forks.

http://www.squidbusters.com/forums/Thread-Z750S-Front-Fork-Upgrades

Last edited:
Associate
I think the consensus is you might as well grab the Z1000 as everything is better on them while running costs are the same. Unless insurance bites you in the butt you should definitely look at them as well.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the replies guys, and that link was very useful! I've saved it for later.

I couldn't go for the Z1000 as it will cost too much to buy and also insure (i'm 24, almost 25).

Back
Top Bottom