Zagg Invisishield on iPhone 5

Soldato
I have had my Zagg front shield re-applied by guys in Carphone warehouse and for the second time now it appears to have moisture under the screen that make it look like rainbow streaks down it

It always worked fine on my 4s and a demo iphone 5 with a zagg shield also looks fine.

I either get another zagg re-applied, get a different screen protector or go bare-back (or bare-front in the is case)

Do you think the screen will be fine and not scratch too easily without a protector?

Associate
personally i hate the feel of screen protectors!! scrolling down on them feels awful!

The glass used since the iPhone 4 is great, my 2 year old iPhone 4 has never had a screen protector on and it still looks great.

I've just always used the a Good quality case with no screen protector combo and it serves well.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
It's an interference pattern commonly referred to as newton's rings. Only way to get around it would be to get an air gap between the screen and the protector. (which you aren't going to want) Probable cause is a difference in the distance between the LCD and the glass on the iphone 5 vs the older 4.

Soldato
OP
It's an interference pattern commonly referred to as newton's rings. Only way to get around it would be to get an air gap between the screen and the protector. (which you aren't going to want) Probable cause is a difference in the distance between the LCD and the glass on the iphone 5 vs the older 4.

Interesting. Thanks

Strange that ive seen a Zagg (same Zagg protector) on another iPhone 5 demo phone and that doesnt have the same rainbow pattern

edit - maybe it either wasn't actually a Zagg or they used different spray to stick it on

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Went into Carphone Warehouse today and got a refund for the screen protector. They couldn't refund the fitting they provided because it was done correctly, it was just the product and they said other people have been in and complained about the same effect on their iPhone 5's

They did say if Zagg released another screen and Carphone warehouse sold it then they would fit it for free and transfer the fitting service to new product. Creappy Zagg shields

iPhone now has nothing on and feel much better. Ahhhh, bareback all the way! :)

Soldato
I'm careful to a point.. and i've not had my screens so much as get a hairline scratch on them... I was forever swaping out screen protectors prior to that.

Don't bother is my honest opinion.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Just seen this in my YT activity..

Personally i dont like screen protectors... but i do want a case for my iP5...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just have an ultrathin rocket back and side protector on mine now. Screen is 10 times better without a cover over it

Back
Top Bottom