Zalman Reserator 1 Plus - Coolant ?

Man of Honour
I'm almost :o to ask this question, but i will. :p

Have just obtained a bargain reserator 1 plus ( the black one ) from flea bay.

Does the reserator require the specific zalman coolant ?

I've water cooled before in a custom built loop using de-ionised water + additive ( Zerex ).

I know the Reserator is not the best perfomance/cooling wise, but i need something quiet ( so please don't slate me for that).

As i now have no Zerex left , what would you suggest ?

( just to make it clear, i'm not :o about the reserator ( a very good piece of kit ) just the coolant question )

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Last edited:
Associate
I have used de-ionised water and car antifreeze in the loop before now. It caused no problems, the antifreeze stopped any algae build up and I left the water in there for months with no issues.

I forget the exact concentration, but it was about 1/3 pint antifreeze to filling the rad with de-ionised water.

Associate
Subby said:
The official Zalman coolant will give you the best performance from the Reserator.

:confused:

Zalman Website said:
Anti-Corrosion Coolant (ZM-G200)
This coolant contains a high quality anti-corrosion agent for various materials including copper, aluminum, and plastic, that prevents corrosion for long term operation.

- Material : Propylene Glycol & Anti-Corrosion Agent
- Weight : 500ml
- Freezing Point : -9°C
- Exchange Cycle : 1 year

Propylene Glycol is the main base for vehicle antifreeze and antifreeze has "anti-corrosion" properties as standard.

Not meaning to argue here but it does read exactly as if you are buying rebranded antifreeze.

Man of Honour
OP
Zirax said:
:confused:

Propylene Glycol is the main base for vehicle antifreeze and antifreeze has "anti-corrosion" properties as standard.

Not meaning to argue here but it does read exactly as if you are buying rebranded antifreeze.

Thanks for the replies guys .

Must agree with Zirax though.

I'll go with anti freeze / deionised water

Anyone recommend a brand of anti-freeze ( that i can pick up from a garage ) to use and a mix ratio ?

Mark

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom