• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen and slower ddr4

Soldato
Tempted to buy DDR4 right now because I can get it cheap, but I'm concerned for some reason it won't be compatible with Ryzen. It's pretty bog standard 3000mhz stuff though.

I wouldn't be buying any kits at that speed till you can see the qualified kit listings. The guardband used on Intel kits isn't likely to be substantial enough for anything close to plug and play.

Soldato
Tempted to buy DDR4 right now because I can get it cheap, but I'm concerned for some reason it won't be compatible with Ryzen. It's pretty bog standard 3000mhz stuff though.

It's not unreasonable to be suspicious. I remember when Intel decided that for SandyBridge, DDR3 had to be a lower voltage than the majority of kits on the market. Few weeks later everything was split into "AMD" and "Intel" packs. All it would take is for AMD to make a similar mention of memory controller voltage tolerance...

*edit* Was it SB? Or was it the first gen i3-5-7? Can't remember. One of 'em I'm sure had a maximum voltage of DDR3 it could sustain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom