Zero Caliber Demo live

Soldato
OP
Only had the quickest of goes through the training bit, and yeah - definitely a little rough around the edges but I must say it’s pretty fun.

Why oh why didn’t they learn from onward and have grip to hold for touch controllers from the start... the click to grip, click grip again to release feels so clunky.

Oh and how can you remove attachments once fitted? Didn’t seem to be able to do that.

Soldato
A little bit janky on the character animations. Clipping needs to be sorted too around static objects, as well as picking up grounded items in front of you, which tends to lead to you grabbing ammo from your midriff.

One handed is a little bit op too, with near zero recoil I was able to run through the enemy single handed with a HK. Two hands and riffle need some advantage over an uzi at range.

I get the feeling it'll be popular, but it's hard to tell from such a limited demo. If they do a team count of 10 v's 10 upwards and give decent game types, then I can see it hitting the spot.

Associate
Clearly made with the Vive in mind, given that it shows the Vive Wands in the games tutorial and the fact there’s no grip to hold on Oculus Touch controllers. If they get added I think it would be a great VR shooter. I don’t think I’ll be jumping into the early access until the game gets PvP next year. By that time I expect War Dusts player base to have dropped of a little too

Soldato
Yep, definitely a few unintuitive control niggles like having to use the trigger instead of the grip buttons for certain things.
I just found that the fun factor made up for a lot of it and reckon that these things'll get sorted out in time.

Associate
Found it annoying it showb vive controls on a rift. The actual settings controls shows rift but hud doesn't. I got stuck at the shooting range. Found it difficult to change magazine so moved to the shotgun. Tried to load the shotgun and couldn't figure out how to insert a shell. Moved back to the pistol to find it had disapeared, went back to the shotgun and that had gone too despite leaving both on the table. Doubt I'll try again tbh

Soldato
Found it annoying it showb vive controls on a rift. The actual settings controls shows rift but hud doesn't. I got stuck at the shooting range. Found it difficult to change magazine so moved to the shotgun. Tried to load the shotgun and couldn't figure out how to insert a shell. Moved back to the pistol to find it had disapeared, went back to the shotgun and that had gone too despite leaving both on the table. Doubt I'll try again tbh

Does this help?

'A' button ditches the mag.
'Y' button changes firing mode.

Associate
Does this help?

'A' button ditches the mag.
'Y' button changes firing mode.
Cheers for that. I presumed i had to pull nack the pin to insert a shotgun cartridge then push it back forward again didn't thino to just put them underneath.

Not sure why it uses the front trigger button for grabbing actions either when it's usually the trigger on the handle.

Associate
Weopan grip for Oculus Touch is now in, I haven’t tried it yet though.

Can anyone tell me where the red and black gun is please?

Edit: my 6yr old found it...1st time I let him on it he found the gun haha

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Had a good play in the second part of the demo (the little battle against AI) a few times now that they fixed the oculus hold to grip and finger/hand grabbing - have to say it was good fun. I seem to be unable to use a magnified scope as the performance tanks, but I think this is going to be a fun game to go along with the more serious Onward.... looking forward to seeing what they do as it develops.

Soldato
Played about 30mins of the SP campaign and it seems pretty good. Yet to try MP.
They need to sort out the AA options. There's a lot of aliasing even with the SS slider at max, and using TAA (or whatever it is) just makes it very soft and blurry.

Also not a fan of having to hold the grip buttons constantly.
Still, it's very promising and I expect it to be excellent once these little things are sorted.

Soldato
Bought the full game and co-op is fun to play.
Even on my old r290 it lags a bit but still good fun.

I suggested they add virtual stock option.
Games like H3VR are so much better with that option.

Back
Top Bottom