Zoltans 17 Anniversary

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
So today is the 17 Anniversary of our son Darren (Zoltan) passing away from Cancer at the age of 19. 29/9/2004
As always i am here to remember him with you all he was such a great part of this Forum and i know he his miss by a lot of you.
I will be having a JD tonight in is memory.
hope you are all ok with Corvid and the so call fuel crisis.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Life is truly precious and only when faced with death do we realise our mortality.

Hope you are all doing well.

Was it osteosarcoma? I've had a close relation also very young diagnosed and this cancer only affects young people in their teens or early twenties.

Soldato
I've been around here a while and remember Zoltan and his passing.

Just reading this every year hits home. I'm only 4 years older than what he would be today, yet I've got married, had a child and other milestone events as I approach my mid life. Sadly, things that Zoltan never got to do or share with family and friends.

Life truly is a precious thing and with a child myself now, what you and your family went through is something no parent should have to go through.

Thinking of you and your family Zoltans_dad at this difficult time.

Associate
I wasn't part of this forum when Zoltan passed away, but sadly have been reading the twice yearly posts commemorating Darren's birthday and his passing for many a year now.

Kudos to @Zoltans_dad for keeping Darren's memory alive on here. I recall his 'foglight' sig banner, a pet peeve I share.

RIP Zoltan.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Life is truly precious and only when faced with death do we realise our mortality.

Hope you are all doing well.

Was it osteosarcoma? I've had a close relation also very young diagnosed and this cancer only affects young people in their teens or early twenties.

it was actually Ewing sarcoma.

Caporegime
it was actually Ewing sarcoma.

Very similar from the quick google I did. Osteo affects bones and Ewing bones and tissues around the bones. It's a really harsh situation especially given both affect young people. It's been a tough round of hospital stays every mon-fri for chemo and then the surgeries. Experiencing this over the past year with a very close relation it's a terrible situation for all involved. I wish you all the best. Just realised he was born the same year as myself. I am sure he would be proud of you keeping his memory alive. Take care of yourself.

I haz 4090!
Don
I've said it a million times but this comes around so quickly. I can't believe it's been 17 years since he died. All the best to you and the family, hope you're doing well.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Very similar from the quick google I did. Osteo affects bones and Ewing bones and tissues around the bones. It's a really harsh situation especially given both affect young people. It's been a tough round of hospital stays every mon-fri for chemo and then the surgeries. Experiencing this over the past year with a very close relation it's a terrible situation for all involved. I wish you all the best. Just realised he was born the same year as myself. I am sure he would be proud of you keeping his memory alive. Take care of yourself.
Thank you hope your relation is OK and all the best for the future.

Back
Top Bottom