Zonealarm anti-ransomware^^

Associate
I have used zonealarm firewall and anti virus for years and for me its been very good, today i get a popup saying they have a new anti rensomware i can try for 30 day after that its almost £3.00 a month! yeh ok i don't think so. I allready pay for their top tier software I think they are taking the pee. They even have a quote from a customer saying how good it is haha how fake when its just come out, I think I may be looking for a new av software later this year.

Last edited:
Soldato
So you want to change software that you just described as very good because they offered you a trial of a different product they do?

That sounds entirely logical.

Associate
OP
When you work out what the other software i use (hitmanpro alert) i guess the price is on par with that, so I was rather quick to think that. as for Zonealarm the websites that do compare ZA to other av it ranks quite high in detections (yes it does still use the kasperskys engine) The main gripe people had a good few years ago was it slowed down their pc's i have never had that problem because I use relativley good hardware, the other thing i have read is that its suposed to be hard to set up i am not sure about that its easy for me but I have used it a long time, everyone too their own choice.

Associate
OP
Get a cheap Kaspersky or Bitdefender key.
my renew date is just about Dec 25th and its better to not renew but to look on their websites the .co.uk and .com ones every day for a few days every so often they have a popup offering a special deal i got it tha way the last two years one year I paid about £18.00 for the top version. I have been toying with trying another AV, though last time I tried kaspersky demo it would not install on a newish Toshiba laptop with a clean os install after i googled and looked on their forum it was a common complaint and had all sorts of things to mod to fix the issue so i walked away I am not going to waste time messing with software that should work right off the mark.
Note for anyone who is going to renew whatever make of av they have is to check and see if you can buy a new key, renewing is often more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom