/init: line 3: can't open /dev/sdc: No medium found
/init: line 3: can't open /dev/sdd: No medium found
/init: line 3: can't open /dev/sdd: No medium found
/init: line 3: can't open /dev/sde: No medium found
/init: line 3: can't open /dev/sde: No medium found
/init: line 3: can't open /dev/sdf: No medium found
/init: line 3: can't open /dev/sdf: No medium found

and when I press enter, I get:

Can't exec "locale": Input/output error at /usr/share/per15/Debconf/Encoding.pm line 16.
Use of uninitialized value $Debconf::Encoding::charmap in scalar chomp at /usr/share/per15/Debconf/Encoding.pm line 17.

I am booting from a CD, it gives me the list of about 6 options, boot live system, boot installer directly, etc etc and doesnt matter what I try I get the same error.

Can anyone help please as I've spent about an hour trying so far and cannot find a solution for it.

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
Dodgy ISO download? ... or a buggy release given that it's probably not widely known/used so any changes they make from upstream are probably not tested as completely as other more mainstream distros.

Assuming it's Zorin (given that that is a Linux distro and Zoren doesn't seem to return one on a quick Google) then why are using version 4 when the website indicates that the current standard version is 5 and the long term support version is 3.1. Also how did you download it as they indicate that there could be corruption issues if you didn't use Firefox.

Soldato
OP
My mate put it on to DVD for me. It auto plays and all the files are there, the main menu comes up for starting it, installing it, etc etc, and he has had it working on his machine but it won't run on mine.

Back
Top Bottom