• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac 4080 Trinity OC Warranty

Rev

Rev

Associate
Hi All

Anyone had to get as refund or replacement under warranty and could possibly offer some advice?

Bought my Zotac 4080 Trinity OC from ????. Registered the card with Zotac once it was received. Its been about a year and a half and a fault developed. ???? will not replace the card as it is discontinued and will only offer me a partial refund. The card came with a 5yr warranty? I am trying to find out from Zotac specifically what is covered and what my rights are but so far no not much luck.

???? keep throwing Sale of goods act 1979 as justification for a partial refund at me.

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Hi All

Anyone had to get as refund or replacement under warranty and could possibly offer some advice?

Bought my Zotac 4080 Trinity OC from ????. Registered the card with Zotac once it was received. Its been about a year and a half and a fault developed. ???? will not replace the card as it is discontinued and will only offer me a partial refund. The card came with a 5yr warranty? I am trying to find out from Zotac specifically what is covered and what my rights are but so far no not much luck.

???? keep throwing Sale of goods act 1979 as justification for a partial refund at me.

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated
warranty is worthless after 1 year

Would the warranty not be between the user and the manufacturer though? If you're claiming against the warranty, then it's with whoever provides that warranty, in this case it's Zotac.

How much are they going to give you?

this is **** poor customer services, they should upgrade you at the very least. This is terrible advertisement for them, it tell everyone NEVER TO BUY ZOTAC.

I would kick up a fuss or on the bright side if its not too far off the original price you paid, take it and buy RTX 5800, not long before they are released and if you do this DONT BUY ZOTAC.

How much are they going to give you?

this is **** poor customer services, they should upgrade you at the very least. This is terrible advertisement for them, it tell everyone NEVER TO BUY ZOTAC.

I would kick up a fuss or on the bright side if its not too far off the original price you paid, take it and buy RTX 5800, not long before they are released and if you do this DONT BUY ZOTAC.
But he hasn't heard back from Zotac yet. Only the retailer has offered the partial refund.

Chances are once Zotac get back he will have more options like repair or replacement

Partial refund is the standard thing and I've seen people push it and eventually get something sorted out but I wonder what the ACTUAL responsibility is?
If they offer a partial refund based on deprecation over 5yrs warranty then legally can you demand anything else ?

Last edited:
Partial refund is the standard thing and I've seen people push it and eventually get something sorted out but I wonder what the ACTUAL responsibility is?
If they offer a partial refund based on deprecation over 5yrs warranty then legally can you demand anything else ?

This partial refund thing should be illegal. Its should be a refund to allow the customer to purchase a product with similar specifications. Curry's once refunded me TV after they could not repair it, so they refunded me an amount that allowed me to buy a product with similar specifications, yes it was not original amount but it was based on the price of brand new similar specification TV, not something that is a accountants depreciated. They need to refund him so that he can buy something that performs similar to 4080 and the only thing that can do that is a 4080, since the amd cards cant do ray tracing like his 4080 can.

i know of 2 people who bought gpus from overclockers and had them fail.

both one of them ended up with a replacement gpu from the next generation (albeit 1 notch down the stack) , and the other got a refreshed version of the same gpu (so a super i guess) and both of them were v happy with that

whoever ??? is (hopefully not occuk) i would try to stick to my guns and then never use them again.

Hopefully zotac will do better.

Last edited:
If the store is a 4 letter word (judging by the amount of question marks) it’s even worse since they advertise a 48 hour turnaround on Zotac GPUs.

Would the warranty not be between the user and the manufacturer though? If you're claiming against the warranty, then it's with whoever provides that warranty, in this case it's Zotac.
Your contract is with the retailer though. They try and fob you off to wash their hands with it so you go hassle the manufacturer. Shame it hasn't changed in years. Seems like Scam :)

"If the item should've lasted until now, you can ask for a repair, replacement or part-refund. It's up to you which one you ask for, but it's ultimately up to the seller which one they offer you.

It’s unlikely the seller will give you a full refund. You could be offered a part-refund - the seller is entitled to deduct some of the money to account for how much you’ve used the item
."

Thats from citizen advice on goods bought online if older than 6 months, using consumer law.

Which is what has been offered by the shop.

Alternatively you can use the warranty instead.

If you claim against the warranty -

"Many products, such as electrical goods, are offered with a manufacturer's guarantee or sold with a manufacturer's warranty that often lasts for one year.

Guarantees and warranties are a contract between you and the manufacturer, and the manufacturer must do whatever it says it will do in them.

Usually this will be to repair or replace a faulty item.
Retailers will sometimes contact the manufacturer on your behalf, but they are not obliged to do so."

Which is why the OP would be better going direct to Zotac under warranty rather than back to the retailer, as by law they only have to offer a partial refund as it is above 6 months after purchase.

"If the item should've lasted until now, you can ask for a repair, replacement or part-refund. It's up to you which one you ask for, but it's ultimately up to the seller which one they offer you.

It’s unlikely the seller will give you a full refund. You could be offered a part-refund - the seller is entitled to deduct some of the money to account for how much you’ve used the item
."

Thats from citizen advice on goods bought online if older than 6 months, using consumer law.

"Many products, such as electrical goods, are offered with a manufacturer's guarantee or sold with a manufacturer's warranty that often lasts for one year.

Guarantees and warranties are a contract between you and the manufacturer, and the manufacturer must do whatever it says it will do in them.

Retailers will sometimes contact the manufacturer on your behalf, but they are not obliged to do so."

Which is why the OP would be better going direct to Zotac under warranty rather than back to the retailer, as by law they only have to offer a partial refund as it is above 6 months after purchase.
this maybe the legal minimum requirement (genuinely i didnt know that so it is interesting) however i have never had a company try to pull this one on me and i have always been given either an equivalent replacement or a full refund.

so whilst company ???? may be within their legal minimum obligations, its still really poor customer services, less than what i as well as everyone i know have been offered in similar circumstances and personally if it were me i would not use them again, unless there was no other choice.

Last edited:
this maybe the legal minimum requirement (genuinely i didnt know that so it is interesting) however i have never had a company try to pull this one on me and i have always been given either an equivalent replacement or a full refund.

so whilst company ???? may be within their legal minimum obligations, its still really poor customer services, less than what i as well as everyone i know have been offered in similar circumstances and personally if it were me i would not use them again, unless there was no other choice.
I totally agree, it is poor customer service by the retailer. It doesn't present a good image to potential customers.

I was just pointing out the limits to consumer law, especially 6 months+ post sale.

That's why in all honesty the OP is better dealing direct with Zotac under a warranty claim instead, as the retailer doesn't look like they are willing to handle the RMA on the customers behalf, and unfortunately the law wouldn't be of any help in trying to force their hand.

."

Thanks, I haven't had to use any warranty for ages so haven't been up to date. That sucks though, it means you need to do more research on the manufacturer warranty as to how good they actually are, and very few are decent so it seems like such a hassle and a pointless selling point if you don't like the admin of chasing and sorting things out.

Although now re-reading on it, you could use the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and request a repair. They seem to be numpties if they're quoting the Sale of Goods Act (SOGA) as the Consumer Rights Act of 2015 (CRA) has replaced that since you only had it a year and half and could have only bought it well after 2015.
I'd say use a template online to go to the retailer and ask for a repair under that act as you have a right to ask for it. They can then go to the manufacturer and get that sorted.

Back
Top Bottom