Zowie FK1 Review

Man of Honour
well I have been using a Deathadder and the FK1 feels heavier and slower and a little hard to grip too...but at the same time it is more accurate in game...maybe I need a little more time with it

The taper on the front is different to the DA, for me that taper made it harder to grip, felt heavier and more awkward whereas the taper inwards on the FK works for me and gives me a good precise grip, you'd probably be happier with the EC2 or something like that (not sure how the weight compares) or possibly FK pro/2014/FK2 which are smaller than the FK1.

Soldato
I wish someone would revive the WMO 1.1A. My favorite mouse, as far as comfort is concerned. Shell, weight, button placement, mouse wheel, thumb ident... Don't know what it is about it, but it's just, well, right. Nothing else I've tried comes close. The FK1 is decent, but not close. Too flat and slim, but pretty good otherwise. Didn't like the EC1 with the slanted right side. Then Alcor suffers the same issue, but less so. Much prefer ambi-style mice.

I still have a WMO that I keep for old times sake. Cable is busted, buttons double click, missing feet, and it's not really up to scratch as far as accuracy is concerned. Just need a WMO with a 3310, Huano / Omron, don't really care, and a couple of thumb buttons. Pretty please? Zowie would be in a good position for that kind of product. Don't know why they persisted with their own designs trying to 'emulate' the WMO (AM, FK, FK1), while never really getting its specifications quite right.

Man of Honour
I've found the FK Pro pretty much the perfect replacement - it was a tiny bit "skinnier" which I thought the FK1 improved on but I found I adjusted to that within a week also wheel isn't as nice but I adjusted to that - still would prefer the WMO1.1a wheel though. In all other regards it tops the WMO1.1a for me.

Back
Top Bottom