Zowie FK1 Review

Soldato
the steelseries would be fine id imagine.

it had trouble tracking on my work mouse mat (one of them photo ones, its a cloth one but with varying colours) and from my readings and understanding the fk1 does have issues with coloured mats. so as plain as possible works best.

the G-TF rough is very nice, it has a stitched edge, its got quite a hard feel to it (coming from an ocuk xxxl mat) and as per the name a rough texture. but the fk1 works great on it.

Soldato
So, one evening in and so far I'm enjoying the Zowie. The side buttons seem easier to use than the Sensei RAW and I swear it seems more accurate? The only thing I'm not comfortable with at the moment is the 800dpi thing, it's a little lower than i'm used to whereas I can't hit a barn door at 1600dpi. I'm sure i'll adjust though. It works a treat on the Hard Mat, the Zowie one should arrive today.

Man of Honour
So, one evening in and so far I'm enjoying the Zowie. The side buttons seem easier to use than the Sensei RAW and I swear it seems more accurate? The only thing I'm not comfortable with at the moment is the 800dpi thing, it's a little lower than i'm used to whereas I can't hit a barn door at 1600dpi. I'm sure i'll adjust though. It works a treat on the Hard Mat, the Zowie one should arrive today.

In my experience the FKs are hugely more accurate than the Sensei, the DPI multiples can be a bit of a pain but I'm a 400-450dpi/sens 6 player anyhow.

Soldato
Is it possible to use the thumb buttons on both sides at the same time? i.e. as a right hander, can I use both thumb buttons and one or both of the buttons on the other side with my little finger?

Soldato
In my experience the FKs are hugely more accurate than the Sensei, the DPI multiples can be a bit of a pain but I'm a 400-450dpi/sens 6 player anyhow.

When you say "sens 6" is that the in-game setting? A couple more days in and i've adjusted (kind of) to the new dpi & the P-TF Rough. Definitely better all round than the Sensei Raw. Quieter too, the wife hated the banging noise the hard mat makes.

Soldato
It's using the windows basic HID drivers, that's why its 'driverless'. Windows only seems to cover 5 button mice so without a custom driver it won't work afaik. I'm looking at it but it's my first experience with drivers so it's really not stable.

Back
Top Bottom