Zowie FK2, Way too glidey?

Associate
So i recently got a Zowie FK2, great lazer, first day using it was fantastic upgrading from an Razer Abyssus.

However, since that day i find it really floaty? i've used it on both my Razer Sphex hard mouse matt and my goliathus cloth matt and it just seems awfully unprecise now.

I've got it set to the 1000mhz setting and doesnt matter the dpi/sensitivity it just feels so unprecise after the first day.

Any suggestions?

Associate
I'd say its just something you need to get use too, its a very light mouse even though they have increased the weight on the FK1/2, my standard FK is lighter than yours. It will move without much force & your muscle memory will take time to adjust.

Just so you know its a optical mouse, not a lazer. I like both lazer & optical but the pro's apparently like the latter ?

Soldato
optical on the whole has been a better performer at low sense which is what the pros (at least in csgo) use it for as it allows for precise minute movements to control recoil.

In csgo you need to basically max turn 180 degrees in one swipe of your mouse. With low sense people tend to lift off more too which is why lift off flicker is always a point of interest something in my personal experience optical mice have been better at reducing. That said it's been a while since i used a lazer mouse so things might have changed.

looking at the list of mice pro csgo players use with the exception for the odd G402 or G500 most pro players use zowie or steel series.

Soldato
Its better once you get used to it, I have a zowie FK and now I don't think it could go back to anything more than about 20% bigger / heavier. It makes moving around in CS:GO a lot easier. I tried a razor mouse when I was looking at new ones and it felt heavy, badly made etc. compared to the FK.

Soldato
optical on the whole has been a better performer at low sense which is what the pros (at least in csgo) use it for as it allows for precise minute movements to control recoil.

In csgo you need to basically max turn 180 degrees in one swipe of your mouse. With low sense people tend to lift off more too which is why lift off flicker is always a point of interest something in my personal experience optical mice have been better at reducing. That said it's been a while since i used a lazer mouse so things might have changed.

looking at the list of mice pro csgo players use with the exception for the odd G402 or G500 most pro players use zowie or steel series.

TSM + shroud use the 302 now the 303!

also a lot of french teams also use razer DA chroma... and before that was DA 2013

Soldato
From the spreadsheet on reddit a few months back

182 players from the teams in NA and EU
58 zowie
57 steelseries
31 razer (mainly death adder chroma or 2013
23 logitech mainly 303 or 402 so my bad on that 500 claim ;)
13 everythign else (mionix/finalmouse/epicgear/newmen/coolermaster/asus rog galdius)

obviously some are sponsored and forced but others like Virtus Pro seem to use what they like.

The list is pretty much a reflection of our sales too. With corsair being in the mix aswell as people like matching sets and many people opted for a RGB mech.

Back
Top Bottom