ZX750 P4 Gossip/prices/thoughts Pics inc.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've found a Mint ZX750 P4 T reg with a gen 13k miles up it. The bike is in Superb condition & the chap told me not 2300 but 2 grand & it's mine. Here comes the confusion :p
I've read untold reviews on this bike & although a bit on the heavy side the reviews have been Outstanding, Apparently the front end is superb & the weight of it makes it really stable. :cool:
What I need to know is whether 2 grand is to much ?

Insurance quotes have been just over 200 of my quids. :D

I Love it. :o

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers Draeger the info/links you posted are Superb, Looking around the bike it looked as straight as they come to me & has just been MOT'd & serviced.
I think this is the bike for me I just got to raise a couple of hundred quid more so that my finances are safe.
I've got for sale ads posted everywhere. :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I'm hovering now, I've been down the bank & ordered the money but want to claw in a couple of three hundred quid extra to make things safe. Then I'm sitting here thinking should I go for a cheaper option. :confused:
Decisions decisions. :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Well last night was like being 10 years old on Xmas eve, I woke up twice & both times it was far to early to get up. :mad:
I've been up an hour now waiting for 8am so I can ring the Dude, I've just got off the phone to him & told him I'll be over half ten elevenish & it's mine as long as I'm over Before 11am. :D
I will be chuffed to bits to get this bike as I didn't have a lot of money to get one & thought I would have to compromise somewhere maybe mileage or age or summit, As it turns out I am 100% happy with this bike & will Love it Long time. :p
I will post more excitement & some pics later on. :cool:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
It's here. :D

Log book sent off, All I have to do now is fill out the change of details on the Datatag form & swap it over to my details.
Words cannot described how happy I am. :o + :cool:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Not tempted at all as I know exactly what can happen even on my fave route that I rode a hundred times. Some blind **** pulled out on me & I went over the bonnet into oncoming traffic ending up with a Mauve dick. :eek: + :p
I am just happy that I got myself a decent bike, I honestly thought I would have to compromise with the amount of cash I got & never dreamt I'd end up with something this good.
Now I have it I am quite happy to clean/polish & fettle it until I'm fully legal to spin out. Once legal you won't get me off it. ;)

I've done my theory & Hazard & have my first practical booked for 1st of May, I told the Dude I had the month off work so need to get it done sharpish. :p
I did 13 months on a 1T so I'm fairly confident on the road even if I say so myself. :p

Apologies for the over use of smileys but this is a red letter day for me so have another. :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I put it up my jitty & turned it around in my back yard (about a 6 point back & forth turn :D), I'm 6ft 5 so have a bit more leverage I s'pose, It wasn't light but easily do-able.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Everything I read or anything that anybody says has been positive. This may go down in History as my best ever purchase. :D

I am ignoring my mate who keeps texting me asking me when am I going to kill myself. :rolleyes: + :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Ordered a manual from the Jungle as I haven't got a clue about this bike. :o
Today I will be mainly cleaing/polishing/fettling & building up a good coat of FS365.
There will obviously be a period when I sit on it going vroom vroom :o + :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Got out in the back yard today for a bit of cleaning.

Sorted a couple of big old slabs out to mount her on when I'm cleaning/greasing etc
Moving it off & on the paddock stand is a bit hairy but I s'pose I'll get used to it soon enough.
Bike could do with a serious clean around the shock & underneath & a hugger needs fitting to keep it that way.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
So Who else stood out back just staring at there bike today ? :p

It all starts tomorrow as I have my first session with my instructor, I've begged/lied & sort pity to get in as fast as poss. :D
Hopefully by the end of next week I would have done it all, Looking at it all online it's a right drawn out process but it has to be done so I'm switching off keeping my mouth shut & doing my best to make this as painless as poss.

What I would have give to jump on my bike today but once this test is out the way I'll be on it whenever & forever. :cool:

List of future mods to follow. :o + :p

O yer got my Manual for it today so at least I have something to read when I can't look at it anymore. :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Glad I had the rain suit as it ****ed down for about six an a half of the 7 hours I was out. First few hours were Ok but in the end I'd had enough. Helmet started hurting after about 4 hours on & the instructor shouting in your ear is summit I could do without.
I got through it is all I'll say, No fun at all.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Just got back after a 5 hour session training, Was a lot better today as it weren't as long as yesterday & the weather was nice.
The ear piece thing was a pain after a couple of hours but as we went to the off road test course there was plenty of opportunity to keep getting my lid off & relieving the ear ache.

Back
Top Bottom