Official Crysis Demo thread

Soldato
It does not work in Vista for me , latest nvidia drivers all updates and patches applied .

Seems im not the only one who has trouble .

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/s...d.php?t=286826

^ ******* Nvidia drivers again not supporting sheet .

Seems i have now learnt my lesson about adopting OP early , i upgraded all my rigg to play this game especially . Lets hope they patch it fast before the release .

Oh well back to XP , and by the way I have just made up my mind that the next GPX card i get is gonna be a ATI .

Soldato
my 2p:
- Shocking performance
- Not really that good looking at medium, whats the point of having Very High when you need SLI 8800GTX cards to run it.
- It's Far Cry with a suit on
- Mouse/input lag is horrible, sometimes the character keeps on moving for a second after I stopped pressing the key.
- As said before, in Medium no FSAA/AF I still get a framerate of 20fps in a firefight, not what you want when you need to aim fast and need precise movement.

So far a disappointment, let's hope the full version is any better but I doubt it :(

[edit]It works fine is Vista 32bit with a 8800GTS, I did have to manually make a shortcut from the exe but it runs fine and I haven't even updated drivers [/edit]

Suspended
my 2p:
- Shocking performance
- Not really that good looking at medium, whats the point of having Very High when you need SLI 8800GTX cards to run it.
- It's Far Cry with a suit on
- Mouse/input lag is horrible, sometimes the character keeps on moving for a second after I stopped pressing the key.
- As said before, in Medium no FSAA/AF I still get a framerate of 20fps in a firefight, not what you want when you need to aim fast and need precise movement.

So far a disappointment, let's hope the full version is any better but I doubt it :(

[edit]It works fine is Vista 32bit with a 8800GTS, I did have to manually make a shortcut from the exe but it runs fine and I haven't even updated drivers [/edit]

somethings wrong there. on my X1800XT i have all settings on medium, high physics and low shadows and get 30-40 in firefights. On the beach with 5 or 6 guys and it doesnt run slow

Soldato
my 2p:

would it make you feel better if they didnt include the very high setting ?
its just there so when people upgrade in a years time or when ever they can knock the detail levels up.....they didnt have to add the extra detail yet they have done and some people seem almost offended about it.

Associate
Been reading on here for months but this is my first post.

Installed the demo this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had to buy a stop gap graphics card last week (8600GT) as my 1900xt died and it runs fine on it at low resolution 800x600 all settings on high or 1024x768 all settings on medium.

Haven't checked FPS using Fraps as I don't care what FPS I get just whether its enjoyable or not.

Obviously it will look amazing at even higher resolutions but that can wait for the next generation of cards

Dont know why folk don't just lower the res and enjoy.;)

Will upgrade graphics card to whatever the new high end is when it gets released by either Nvidia or Ati.

Associate
how do u take screenshots and where do they get saved.also in the screenshots i have seen there is white writing in the top left corner showing the fps and things like that.do i need another program to show that or is there a button to press to bring it up.thanks..

Soldato
would it make you feel better if they didnt include the very high setting ?
its just there so when people upgrade in a years time or when ever they can knock the detail levels up.....they didnt have to add the extra detail yet they have done and some people seem almost offended about it.
I would rather they left it out yes, what is the point of putting something in that 99% of the people can't use?

I am not offended in any way, just disappointed about the balance between looks and performance, I think it is underperforming a lot.

By the time you get to a constant 60fps it doesn't look any special anymore

Associate
Worked fine for me with 163.69 drivers (8800GTX, Vista64).

Put on the new "special 169.01 Crysis drivers" and now the game freezes during either the main menu, or the loading screen. Have tried renaming videos/ turning off Fraps etc.

Back to the old ones again, typical! :)

Associate
It runs poorly on my system on anything above low settings, and on these settings it looks poor in places (indoor/buildings etc). If I end up playing through the game on low I know I'll regret it later. I think I'm gonna wait a while until I feel its the right time to upgrade.

Associate
Works on mine.:confused:

crysisresLarge.jpg

interesting they are still not showing one mine.
Tried re installing the demo and new nvidia beta drivers.
Also tried running the game in DX10 mode on vista 32 bit.

still not showing.

does anyone know if there is anyway i can force it to my preferred res on startup?

Associate
I would rather they left it out yes, what is the point of putting something in that 99% of the people can't use?

For the people who can use it.

I can't run the game on Very High just now, but I'll appreciate it's there the next time I upgrade. We'd probably all be on better cards by now if ATI/AMD actually brought out something to rival the 8800GTX this year.

Soldato
I told You what to use !!!

Sound like You have other problems ;)

I was going to work down to 7.7 ;)

I think you're right mate, something must be up. Crysis is the only game that does this though and those drivers are the only set that has ever done that. I've had this system for a while and had absolutely no problems with it.

Soldato
1. Open the game with Direct X 9 by right clicking Crysis SP Demo from Vista games menu
2. Set all graphics options to medium, shaders and post processing to high.
3. Play extremely good looking game with extremely good performance.
4. ???
5. Profit

The shaders and post-processing make up the vast majority of the extremely beautiful graphics, foliage and lighting from the sun will look _especially_ good. I have spent hours trying to find the perfect balance of graphics and smooth gameplay and I believe I have found it now.

Proof:

crysis1ju1.jpg

crysis2vy3.jpg

crysis3ls0.jpg

Images are heavily compressed, from 5mb to 0.5mb.

2.35ghz Core 2 Duo, Stock 8800GTS 320mb, 4096mb PC6400OC memory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom