Official Crysis Demo thread

Soldato
After messing around with the normal settings and the CCC settings i have come it with the best ones that looks nice and give a very playable fps. For all the people who are not rich (or stupid) enough to own 8gb of ram, a gtx and god knows what else here are the settings im using on the following system.

X2 [email protected]
X1800XT@stock
2gb gskill

Standard in game settings, 1280x720, no AA

This means i no longer have to get a new 8800GT (which i cant afford anyway) and can play it whilst it still looks nice enough

I found that ccc on medium gave lower fps, the shadows looks rather crappy and objects popped up out of nowhere
Cheers for that, i have a similar system to you so will probably try this out with the retail game come friday. Don't really want to complete the demo and have to recap everything again in the final game.

Just to clear things up, you were using CCC on high right?

Cheers.

Suspended
Cheers for that, i have a similar system to you so will probably try this out with the retail game come friday. Don't really want to complete the demo and have to recap everything again in the final game.

Just to clear things up, you were using CCC on high right?

Cheers.

nah. I just used the standard settings you get with the game. After using CCC and normal settings i think i prefer normal ones. Im sure CCC sets the draw distance to a lot lower. I think the darker shadows look better aswell in normal settings

On the GPU demo CCC medium gets 14.62fps

Using the settings as in the pic i posted it gets 24.91

Thats a lot more playable than ccc, sure you dont get sun rays and post processing but you do get the stuff that matters, like physics and decent textures. I find the textures really add to the game.

When (if) i upgrade i would want it to look like that video posted in dx10 mode with all the stuff on highest, not spend £150 and it look a bit better or look the same and get a few more fps

Soldato
nah. I just used the standard settings you get with the game. After using CCC and normal settings i think i prefer normal ones. Im sure CCC sets the draw distance to a lot lower. I think the darker shadows look better aswell in normal settings

I prefer standard, too. The 'god rays' and other nifty effects that the CCC gives looks awesome but there were a few things that annoyed the hell out of me. Objects popped into view a lot more than standard, rocks particularly annoyed me because they sort of 'fizzled' into view. Some bushes and trees in the distance would flash lighter and darker and the screen would sometimes flash black for a split second.

Tweaking the standard settings to match what your system can handle is better for sure.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OMG, I take back the bored comments I made earlier, I bunged it in DX9 mode as DX10 was getting annoying with its random low FPS drops and sub 10fps when an alien made it snow ^_^ and now feel it actually looks better in DX9 "HIGH" with 2xFSAA compared to DX10 with a mix of high/very high and medium.

Will keep a hold of the game in this case now until new hardware is out then enjoy it again but with the monster DX10 effects :)

Happy for now!

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/games/crysis/DX9_Vista_high_2xFSAA/

Associate
Just completed it, 7/8 hrs- and wow, performance wasn't great - seemed to go downhill as the game progressed but hell even with that- this was pure awesome. All I can say is roll on Crysis 2:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah was for me anyway... started at 2:30 finished at 11 with breaks in between ofc:) It's a good length though - it felt right, infact I thought it was going to end way before it did!

Sounds much shorter then hl2 was, that to me was the right length for a game.
Crysis is hopefully going to be about the mods, just got to wait and see I guess

Back
Top Bottom