Official Crysis Demo thread

Associate
I just tried the Demo again and I am getting really weird sound problems with it.

I am only using the onboard realtek sound on my 680i (I have the latest drivers 1.81 I think) and whenever someone shoots I get this static sound which loops in and out for about 30 seconds.

Oh and the performance sucked on the optimal settings as set by the system but I expected that (god knows why I expected a [email protected], 4gb ram and a 8800gtx to get a decent frame rate in a decent res. :D )

I think I am going to sit this one out and see if Nvidia can get a little more performance out of it via driver updates.

TBH Crytek should feel a little ashamed that they have launched a game that runs like carp on 99% of the systems out there especially this year when PC gaming has really got back into it's stride and we have had some fantastic games released over the last 12 months.

I know that they have said that they have coded the game with one eye on the future but for those of us who will go out and pay full retail for this game on friday it would have been nice to have been able to run the game at something approaching the levels of detail we have been shown in the many gameplay videos that have accompanied this game.

Do you have Aero enabled? I was thinking that, if you're using Vista and it's enabled, you'd be getting less FPS than if you just run the game normally. Just might be worth disabling it if so and see if it makes a difference.

Oddly enough, I tried this tonight. I had not seen your post till I just searched and I found using "Windows Basic" gave me about 4 fps more in dx10 very high and 1152*864. I also used the other Nvidia tweaks maybe an over clock next.

Soldato
I just tried the Demo again and I am getting really weird sound problems with it.

I am only using the onboard realtek sound on my 680i (I have the latest drivers 1.81 I think) and whenever someone shoots I get this static sound which loops in and out for about 30 seconds.

This is why I haven't completed the demo because it makes my ears want to die.

Soldato
This game is crying out for a Predator mod.

I was just playing around with a 400foot explosive barrel and giant destructible house. Cue lots of trees crashing to the ground in slow motion as my 3.4ghz conroe grinds to a halt :D Anyway the sounds reminded me of that scene in Lost right at the start, theres all sorts that could be done just for fun :)

6yvxcao.jpg

89qvnz8.jpg

Man of Honour
I think we have a new contender for finest rendered ass, better than Alyx? who knows... (yes I have been playing this all night and only reached the cave!

Crysis-2007-11-13-05-08-38-.jpg

Have to say, even in DX9 mode the texture details and character models are superb, best looking DX9 game to date IMO.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How's it a spoiler??? What the hell quite frankly.

It's showing you PART of the game, that ISNT in the demo...Is it that hard to understand?

Go and make a seperate thread already with the title of **Pre-ordered Crysis Pics - Unlocked** or something, then go post all the damn pictures you want...

Not everyone wants to see parts of the game, it's called wanting to experience games for yourself, luckily I quickly scrolled past the picture, yes it isn't a lot...But it's not the point :)

This is a DEMO thread, can you not read the title?

There was a seperate thread created for the official game, go and use that.

Back
Top Bottom