• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon HD 48** (RV790) & HD 47** (RV740) Launch On Apr 6th

Permabanned
40nm aka Lil' Dragon was supposed to be June IIRC? Haven't checked lately though.

li'l because it's supposed to be little with the tt and e omitted. But I'm just being pedantic. :rolleyes: :p

From what I've read they're supposed to be coming the end of 2009. They usually seem to work in 6 month cycles.

Release a new chip design and market & sell for 6 months, then make a refresh of the current chip design with some tweaks and changes and sell that for another 6 months.

So if they stick to that, we could see RV870/R800 around September/October.

Intereting, how will the 4870s be priced after the release? Much cheaper? I'm looking to crossfire two of them so that would be good :cool:

On a side note I'm guessing that you love COD4 by your sig Finl8y, I loved it myself, WAW was a let down though :(

Soldato
I assume everyone here already knows but the price was leaked earlier today at £230 on a competitor site for the 4890

Had a skim through here but couldn't see it mentioned

Godfather
Godfather
I assume everyone here already knows but the price was leaked earlier today at £230 on a competitor site for the 4890

Had a skim through here but couldn't see it mentioned
Would that be the competitor that "accidently" broke the NDA and only has 20 cards but wants you to believe they have 100?

Don't believe everything you read.

As with any new product launch under NDA, you get all the facts on the day of launch and not before. We deal in fact not fiction.

Soldato
I would be interested to know if the price of the 4870 1Gb will go down after this.

I have just bought an E8400 which I will be OC'ing. Would getting one of these new ones be overkill considering I only play on a 20" monitor (1680x1050)?

I think I am certain a 4870 is for me but want to know whether to wait a few weeks before buying. If the price drop is around £40+ then I would.

Godfather
Godfather
No. Just one competitor and just one employee of that competitor. He has a long history of lying to just about everyone in the industry, as well as his employers and of course their customers. Soon enough his present employer will realise he is a liability if they haven't already.

Anyway, OcUK will not break any NDA. As I said before, the full facts relating to any product under NDA will be revealed to all on launch day.

Man of Honour
Would that be the competitor that "accidently" broke the NDA and only has 20 cards but wants you to believe they have 100?

As with any new product launch under NDA, you get all the facts on the day of launch and not before. We deal in fact not fiction.

Most places are getting stock today, and the company that accidentally leaked them said it was an accident and the 100 stock means nothing (they should have more).

Soldato
No. Just one competitor and just one employee of that competitor. He has a long history of lying to just about everyone in the industry, as well as his employers and of course their customers. Soon enough his present employer will realise he is a liability if they haven't already.

Anyway, OcUK will not break any NDA. As I said before, the full facts relating to any product under NDA will be revealed to all on launch day.

Ouch :/

Soldato

Interesting, though im sure you'll understand when i say i find it hard to believe either company considering how the relationship between the two is lately, no offense meant of course ;)

I'll believe what happens on release day and what appears as the price and stock count on release day i guess and treat all others till then as nothing more than rumours :)

Soldato
I'll believe what happens on release day and what appears as the price and stock count on release day i guess and treat all others till then as nothing more than rumours :)

Yep we as consumers just want to buy stuff. Don't really care who claims to have the most stock. At the end of the day, it depends on who delivered stock, at the best price with the best service.

Back
Top Bottom