Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Associate
I have a weird problem where the game runs fine for the first couple of rounds or so then the game just seemingly starts to stutter momentarily and some black textures flash up now and again. Becomes unplayable so I have to restart the game, and again it's fine for a couple of rounds then it starts up again...

Permabanned
There's a fix to enable the -tickrate command line for servers now. :D 100 tick. :cool:

Waaaay. :cool:

At least someone has realised that was a stupid move.

Hopefully they can now concentrate on the rest of the game wrecking bugs like crashes performance and odd clipping effects.

Personally, I have weird performance with this game now..

TF2 and L4D 1&2 play fine

q6600
gtx260
4gb

Not a beast of a machine, but it should play it fine at 1920x1080, and at the moment, it does not

Yes, there is something amiss in the new source code.

Hopefully they should sort it out, I mean it seems pretty 50/50 with the numbers effected and those who are not.

They can't leave it like this.

Good news, is this through a server mod or have Valve done this?

I'm guessing community.

But then my tick 'ins' have been spiking up to 100 and back down stupidly quick with the update, so there is something not right there either perhaps.

Oh look, all that drama over nothing then.

Go you. :rolleyes:

Its still half borked, I keep falling through floors and walls on loads of maps. Still having performance issues like bledd and many others.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh I agree with prety much everything biohazard has been saying, but I can't be bothered getting into the argument.

Lots of people I know are annoyed at these changed and have never even played 1.6.

If the update doesn't effect you then brilliant, but for a lot of people it's horrible.

Soldato
Ive managed to pull of some headshots while my aim has been way off...

Well weird

Edit...

Netgraph 1 is poor compared to the old netgraph 3 :(

Last edited:
Permabanned

Well weird

As much as I've been moaning about box misses, I've had some wild **** that really shouldn't be happening.

the box is bigger, but as you say some of my 'efforts' were well out and still got the mark..

Edit...

I take it you can't run netgraph3 anymore either?

is it the resource hogging or it just it being so MASSIVE?

It is a bit crud. :(

Last edited:
Associate

Well weird

Edit...

I see this all the time, was in a game yesterday on cs_italy or whatever and some dude had an awp, and the bridge at T spawn [the one next to the cellar] some T jumped over it and the guy shot him with awp as he was in the air and didn't even shoot him, he shot the side of the air next to him and got the kill

Permabanned
yeah, it really is hit or miss now.

hahaha :p

/leaves

I'm sure I saw someone get shot round a corner or part through a corner (not wood etc), but myself and them were at odd angles but it still didn't look very right.

Still getting a lot of 'server shutting down' disconnects. :(

28fps. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh I agree with prety much everything biohazard has been saying, but I can't be bothered getting into the argument.

Lots of people I know are annoyed at these changed and have never even played 1.6.

If the update doesn't effect you then brilliant, but for a lot of people it's horrible.

Aye, completely agree with the vast majority of Biohazards points.

In my opinion, the 1.6-->CSS debate is irrelevant when referring to this update.
1.6-->CS:S was a new game, you had to buy it. CS:S-->CS:STF2 isn't a new game, it's an "update".

Associate
I'm not too fond of the update myself and neither is anyone else :(
Why mess with a game that was okay in the first place :S

Associate
I personally can't tell the differences the update has brought, although i've already been on the end of some, and seen some dodgy hit detection going on, even more than usual. But to be fair I haven't been playing this game for years like a lot of people so I wouldn't notice the real subtle changes that have been made.

Performance wise there seems to have been a slight boost for me, though tbh it doesn't make a difference to gameplay. I can sympathise with some people who are experiencing problems the update has brought, but a large amount of players are really blowing it out of proportion.

Soldato
Try putting this in your autoexec might help your fps :

rate "35000"
cl_cmdrate "66"
cl_updaterate "66"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_predictweapons "1"
cl_smooth "0"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"