Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Hi guys,

The new big update has just been released for CSS. See http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=240 for more information.

Am currently working on getting the OcUK server updated and set up properly. Will be 24 slot still. Now the game is locked at 66 tickrate btw, so that's what the server will be.

Server IP: 94.23.222.136:27047

Currently downloading the update from Hong Kong...

Last edited:
OcUK server is running. Just standard game with basic map rotation atm, will update sourcemod and the map cycle/plugins etc this evening. In the mean time feel free to use it. The IP is in the First post of this thread and on the ocuk steam group. :)

I think you've made your point BioHazard. Can you stop repeating yourself now? I'm sure most people get the point that you don't like the update. As for Tombo I agree, but stop baiting him... ;)

I have played CSS for years and although I would have preferred a new version and them leaving the old one alone I actually do like that they have finally updated it with support for multicore and the new engine, which people have been moaning that they haven't for ages. Some people are never happy.

its your thread, so i'll leave it at that.

Good. We'll agree to disagree there then. :)

but seriously, some people need to step away from the valve can do no wrong mentallity. it makes you look like sycophants.

Just for the record, Valve can do plenty wrong, look at their lack of support for L4D and fixing various vpak problems for the custom community in L4D2. In my opinion though, updating CSS is not one of their flaws.

For those that missed tonight's CSS game on the OcUK server, there is another one scheduled for tomorrow night at half 8 should you be interested.

See you then. :)

Hitreg seems to have improved on my server for me personally since the update. And I haven't noticed any lag at all? Do all these "laggers" have ATI cards? (Driver issue maybe?) or do some have Nvidia, in which case the line of thinking is mute.

Gameplay wise, apart from it breaking the odd plugin and me having to redo sourcemod, I haven't noticed much difference in the way the game actually plays (except now I get achievements).

I'm running 4770 - 512mb at max OC via ati tools, Phenom BE unlocked to 3 cores, 4 GB ram @ 1680x1050 resolution (native) and have no issues with fps, lag or jerkiness :confused:, I run the game max just with HDR and Bloom off cause it makes games look fugly, so no idea why its affecting random people, might be intel processors unless someone on AMD has issues?

I'm on an Intel CPU. I'm fine. :)

Nice thinking though....

Good game on the OcUK CSS server tonight guys, at one point it got pretty busy for 3 or 4 maps. I'm honestly not noticing any lag on the game. Hitboxes appear bigger as I can actually hit targets with the awp now.

Anyway will work on limiting the awps and disabling autosnipers on my server, apart from that it seems to run pretty well. :)

And LOL Yatezy :D ^^

Back
Top Bottom