Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Associate
Is anyone getting crashing during online play here? Could it be the update or an unstable cpu overclock. Seems stable in everything else that is desktop or single player.

Edit : Lowered the overclock to 3.0 ghz from 3.2, still crashes so must be the update from Steam?

I've had lots of crashes recently, I think I had 8 the other night. Only reason I put up with it was because we had a good game going.

Game is completely borked for me at the moment, regular CTD's, massive random lag spikes and numerous animation bugs.

Caporegime
Ahh ok, maybe it's not the cpu overclock then. Thanks for the info there. :) I've even tried disabling crossfire tonight (not that the game needs it I know) but still ctd - you never know when it'll happen. :S

Just increased my cpu o/c again to 3.4 .

Caporegime
Bump.

Anyone know of a fix for the sound crash bug? I get this very frequently, it's where a sound like a grenade blast, bomb being planted, though it can be any sound that for some reason triggers off a ctd. Browsing the web does show that others are aware of it, too.

I've tried Steam but no joy, might try the AMD forums next though whether I have crossfire enabled or not shouldn't make any difference; it crashes either way. I've tried unistalling the drivers for my sound card, removing it, then just using on board audio but still a ctd. could be three times in ten minutes or once in two hours (at best if I'm lucky). I've also adjusted my cfg file but no success.

Hopefully this will be resolved in a mini update sometime in the near future.

Oh, I will add that I get this whether I use either the 10.4 or 10.11 drivers. Currently using 10.11.

Anyone with any ideas whatsoever, please!?!? :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've had lots of crashes recently, I think I had 8 the other night. Only reason I put up with it was because we had a good game going.

Game is completely borked for me at the moment, regular CTD's, massive random lag spikes and numerous animation bugs.

Out of interest have you, or anyone else for that matter, noticed whether or not the ctd's are tied to one server or any random number? I seem to only get problems with UKCS, which is a shame as I like playing on those servers.

Someone on here kindly gave me a fix for the issues myself and others seemed to be having. Just as I was about to add the fix there were two mini updates, so I decided to see if it was any better first before tinkering.

After the first mini update it did seem quite a lot better, though after the second, not as much. Difficult to say though, only had a matter of days before the problem returned again. Anyway, I added the fix and it has helped a bit, it's still there, just not as bad as previous.

Last edited:
Associate
Out of interest have you, or anyone else for that matter, noticed whether or not the ctd's are tied to one server or any random number? I seem to only get problems with UKCS, which is a shame as I like playing on their servers.

Someone on here kindly game me a fix for the issues myself and others seemed to be having. Just as I was about to add the fix there were two mini updates, so I decided to see if it was any better first before tinkering.

After the first mini update it did seem quite a lot better, though after the second, not as much. Difficult to say though, only had a matter of days before the problem returned again. Anyway, I added the fix and it has helped a bit, it's till there, just not as bad as previous.

Since some of the recent updates I haven't had that many crashes, maybe 2-3 in the last week. I just get huge random lag spikes now. It happens on all servers but tbh it does happen more frequently on the UKCS servers.

Associate
I am wondering if Valve is working on CounterStrike2 ?

its been over a decade since CS and 6 years since CSS.

Back
Top Bottom