*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
You can prob change the delivery address then without worrying about a delivery delay.

A friend of mine changed the delivery destination from the uk to Germany successfully. Although the Germany location was an apple store so technically not the same thing.

Give them a ring, should be fine.

Associate
I have this problem. I haven't seen a 'genius' about it yet but it is very annoying - I started the problems thread because of it.

I have found a solution (temporary) for now. I had to switch my router from wireless b/g mode to wireless b mode. My phone now works perfectly - but my whole wireless network is now gimped because of it.

What router do you have? Mine is a Netgear one - everything else works perfectly well with it except my iphone 4.

It works fine on on any other wireless network apart from mine. I have an O2 wireless box II.

Soldato
Mine looks like this, all black:

21cxkq1.jpg

I actually really like it, looks much better in the flesh!

Caporegime
Decided to give my iphone4 a carbon fiber look:p...ordered a carbon fiber back and the carbon fiber bumper as well...came out to $23 with shipping...will see what its like when i get it...reason why i went with the carbon fiber back is because the original back protector i have on it is already peeling away :/

So for $10 its not that big a deal if its absolute rubbish:p

Website where i ordered is from here: http://www.carbonbumper.com/

Man of Honour
Mine looks like this, all black:

I actually really like it, looks much better in the flesh!

Can you expand on that a bit, what have you done exactly?

Let us know how good those Carbon Fiber protectors are Spawn :p

I want a case for mine, are there any (very) high quality ones around?

Soldato
All I have done is add a black strip which comes pre-cut with all the correct holes, to the outer silver part of the phone making it appear all black. It blends in quite well tbh. It doesn't affect the use of the phone, nor would I recommend anyone get it for any reception issues, it is purely for looks. My mate has a red strip on his which I thought was a bit too loud for my liking but black blends in nicely I think. :)

I don't use a case or any shield on mine but after seeing my mates invisible shield, it really is invisible, he did a very good job of putting it on so I've told him to put one on mine later.

Man of Honour
Permanent Marker ;)

*cringe* :p

All I have done is add a black strip which comes pre-cut with all the correct holes, to the outer silver part of the phone making it appear all black. It blends in quite well tbh. It doesn't affect the use of the phone, nor would I recommend anyone get it for any reception issues, it is purely for looks. My mate has a red strip on his which I thought was a bit too loud for my liking but black blends in nicely I think. :)

I don't use a case or any shield on mine but after seeing my mates invisible shield, it really is invisible, he did a very good job of putting it on so I've told him to put one on mine later.

Ah ok, well, I'm quite fond of the silver band myself.

Caporegime
Can you expand on that a bit, what have you done exactly?

Let us know how good those Carbon Fiber protectors are Spawn :p

I want a case for mine, are there any (very) high quality ones around?

Well reading more on it from various sources, its the same sort of stuff that my brother used for his interior on his VW R32...its a carbon fiber film made by 3M so is pretty good quality...my other brother from Canada who just left last night bought about 5 metres of the stuff to carbon fiber his R35 GTR back in Canada lol.

Soldato

I wouldnt bother mate - i put one on pristine when i got my phone - couldnt tell it was on - but over time it just starts to peel off, so much so that im just going to rip it off- it really does look ghastly - i think i will be looking for a powersupport one now as when i had that on my 3gs it really was the dogs danglies...they would definitely get my vote.

Caporegime
Decided to give my iphone4 a carbon fiber look:p...ordered a carbon fiber back and the carbon fiber bumper as well...came out to $23 with shipping...will see what its like when i get it...reason why i went with the carbon fiber back is because the original back protector i have on it is already peeling away :/

So for $10 its not that big a deal if its absolute rubbish:p

Website where i ordered is from here: http://www.carbonbumper.com/
Was that the boxwave one? Did you ever put on the PS front/back solution?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Was that the boxwave one? Did you ever put on the PS front/back solution?

Yeh the boxwave one...it didnt seal very well around the camera hole so is starting to peel off.

Nope the PS antiglare one i got from ebay was only the front screen protectors...im pretty sure it was front and back but had a look at the listing and hes changed the description so not much i can do about it really....put it on though and it looks crisp and sharp but with the matte finish to deflect the glare from the sun.

Both my carbon fibre backing and sides have been shipped from the site above...just have to wait for it to arrive.

Soldato
hmm I've developed a problem. iTunes thinks my Iphone is unreadable and wants to restore it, which I gather will loose everything I've done since I last backed it up? including videos and pictures?

the phone is fine to use, just iTunes that doesn't like it. Weird?

Caporegime
Yeh the boxwave one...it didnt seal very well around the camera hole so is starting to peel off.

Nope the PS antiglare one i got from ebay was only the front screen protectors...im pretty sure it was front and back but had a look at the listing and hes changed the description so not much i can do about it really....put it on though and it looks crisp and sharp but with the matte finish to deflect the glare from the sun.

Both my carbon fibre backing and sides have been shipped from the site above...just have to wait for it to arrive.
Ah too bad - might wait til an official seller if that one has messed you around - my BodyGuardz has arrived but didnt bother to put it on yet til I saw PS experiences - I just know Ill end up buying a PS pack anyway...

Back
Top Bottom