*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
my biggest disappointment with mine - and I'm not expecting DSLR qualities, is the Iphone 4 camera - certainly on mine - in most pictures bright areas are just completely blown out - dynamic range seems to be very very slight indeed - so even peoples faces can be blown out to some extent etc - not great :(

Soldato
A question for you iphone experts...i have a friend whos just bought the new iphone4...actually as an upgrade.

Anyhow he had the 3G before and bougth a few songs from itunes but when he tries and synchs his iphone to itunes..it says it cant find the song then asks him if he wants to re-buy them. So hes had to re-buy 2 of them...he has around 6 songs that he bought.

Surely he shouldnt have to re-buy these songs that he originally had does he??

If he deleted the songs from his PC, then yes.

Caporegime
my biggest disappointment with mine - and I'm not expecting DSLR qualities, is the Iphone 4 camera - certainly on mine - in most pictures bright areas are just completely blown out - dynamic range seems to be very very slight indeed - so even peoples faces can be blown out to some extent etc - not great :(

Yep i have to say the same...not that impressed with the camera tbqh...even my BB9700 3.2mp takes better pics :/

Soldato
Yep i have to say the same...not that impressed with the camera tbqh...even my BB9700 3.2mp takes better pics :/

glad its not just me then thanks

to be honest when the exposure is right or the shot is limited in range - its pretty good - but most of the time I get awfully blown out areas of the shot :(

they look so blown out it ruins the picture

Soldato
Cheers memphis...the songs that he downloaded though are they not kept by itunes ie cached or something??

Nope. They're store in the iTunes Music Library and it's the users responsibility to keep a copy/backup. If you lose it then Apple won't provide a re-download unless it's exceptional circumstances or the original download failed and is reported within a couple of days.

Man of Honour

Maybe there is something wrong with it because in all honesty I haven't found another phone camera (that isn't a dedicated camera like the Satio for example) that can come close to this one.

Its VERY good.

Caporegime
Nope. They're store in the iTunes Music Library and it's the users responsibility to keep a copy/backup. If you lose it then Apple won't provide a re-download unless it's exceptional circumstances or the original download failed and is reported within a couple of days.

Ahh ok got ya..ill tell him next time to make sure he keeps a backup of the songs.

Soldato

Example?

Maybe there is something wrong with it because in all honesty I haven't found another phone camera (that isn't a dedicated camera like the Satio for example) that can come close to this one.

Its VERY good.

Yup iam with you on this one, I find my camera great :D Another massive boost is using Camera+ and enabling the stutter release with the volume buttons :cool:

Also another point, with the MT to get a good battery life as mine doesnt seem great yet had it 2weeks do you have to close all of your current multi-tasking apps each time you dont need them?

Don
For those who use iMovie. I know you can crop videos but is there anyway to cut various bits out of a video? I keep having to crop a certain part then export it. Really annoying. I'm shocked cutting isn't present in iMovie.

Back
Top Bottom