Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Soldato
Hmm... Five units showing in stock...

It looks increasingly like I can't get my ZR30W to talk to my Hazros, which means I need to sell the ZR30W if I want an nvidia surround / eyefinity type setup :( So the question is, do I order another one now and stick it on my credit card, or just wait until payday on Monday? Decisions decisions...

You know what, sod it... I'll just order one now. "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision" :p

EDIT: done :p From tomorrow I will own four 30" screens :p I just need to sell the ZR30W before I have to pay off the credit card!

Last edited:
Soldato
Duff-man so this or the HP? it's driving me mental here.....though £1k or so is a fair amount of cash for me which means i might go for this if it doesn't sellout by tomorrow. :(

I am wondering if the £180 difference is worth it?

Soldato
Duff-man so this or the HP? it's driving me mental here.....though £1k or so is a fair amount of cash for me which means i might go for this if it doesn't sellout by tomorrow. :(

I am wondering if the £180 difference is worth it?

Well, you could always just buy my HP from me instead :p less than two months old, and no dead pixels or other nasties. You're in London though, so unless you're planning any trips up north (or know someone who is), then collecting it might not be realistic. Anyway, I'll be putting it on MM soon and we aren't allowed to sell things outside of MM so probably best not to discuss it further (just email me if you're interested).

But anyway... HP vs Hazro; it's a tough call. I prefer the look of the Hazro (full aluminium, thin bezels), and the stand gives you more flexibility (can rise higher, and allows portrait mode). As for picture quality, well the whites on the HP are better, and the definition between blacks at the darkest levels is slightly better. However I actually think that the colours on the Hazro may just be more vibrant overall... For blues / greens there isn't too much in it (HP slightly better on blues), but red and particularly orange colours really stand out with the Hazro. I do prefer the screen coating on the HP however - if you sit close to it the Hazro has a very slight "graining" effect.

HP also offer a three-year doorstep replacement type policy, and a zero sub-pixel defects guarantee. You can increase the warranty to five years for an extra £24. Only you can judge the value of this service, but it certainly gives you confidence.

...I don't want to tell you which one to go for (please don't put that kind of responsibility on me!). For the same money I would recommend the HP, but since the Hazro is 18% cheaper I think I might just give the nudge to the Hazro. But please make your decision based on the facts above and more detailed reviews, and not on my touch-and-go recommendation!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

I've got a Hazro setup on my desk as I've been inspecting it and giving it some long term testing/usage. Gotta say its huge, the casing/design is lovely.

The actual panel itself is fantastic. :)

Associate
OP
Any news on the 27" version. Thought the prices would be here by now. Quite like to get one before christmas.

This will be in the hands of OCUK who will finalize a price - we are in negotiation with them so hopefully a price will be published soon [maybe as early as this afternoon]

Associate
This will be in the hands of OCUK who will finalize a price - we are in negotiation with them so hopefully a price will be published soon [maybe as early as this afternoon]

Mr Hazro/Eugene,
Great news. Does this mean you have actual units of the 27" CCFL model (not interested in the LED model) produced and ready to be sent to OCUK when a price is finalised? Not that I mind waiting :D . I'm only asking as this has been brought up.

OcUK Staff
Mr Hazro/Eugene,
Great news. Does this mean you have actual units of the 27" CCFL model (not interested in the LED model) produced and ready to be sent to OCUK when a price is finalised? Not that I mind waiting :D . I'm only asking as this has been brought up.

We shall only be doing the CCFL version as CCFL gives more accurate colour reproduction and these monitors are all about accurate detailed colours wheras LED backlit screen may look very nice but normally tend to take natural colours a bit OTT.

So Hazro for now will just be CCFL versions. :)

Associate
OP
Mr Hazro/Eugene,
Great news. Does this mean you have actual units of the 27" CCFL model produced and ready to be sent to OCUK when a price is finalised?.

No: there will be a leadtime unfortunately - right now, all we promise is delivery before Xmas. So OCUK will most likely promote these as pre-order products but I believe the price will be tempting so it'll be worth the wait. We will have a few units ready for review/marketing possibly as early as this afternoon. TFTCentral will most likely have one next week for review.

Soldato
Please let us know how you got on with your 3rd Hazro monitor - specifically stuck/dead pixels as we're thinking of changing the policy

Will do. The screen has already arrived (came around noon). I'll be home in a couple of hours, so I'll report back then.

Regarding pictures... I can take some but I only have a phone-camera, so the quality will be pretty bad :p Zappb3 took a bunch of high-res pics though (here).

Soldato
Okay, the third screen is up and running.

The good news is, yet again there are no dead / stuck pixels. So that's 12.3Million pixels without a single fault. Pretty impressive.

Unfortunately there is some very slight damage to the screen face... when I de-packaged the screen I noticed a "crimp" on the protective plastic cover (the clear sheet that is taped to the screen). At first I thought it was a staple, but on closer inspection it was just a staple-shaped crimp. Anyway, underneath this crimp is a small mark on the screen. Not really too noticeable in itself unless I look hard for it, but it has also had an effect on the screen area surrounding it... There is a slight discolouration that is visible on a dark background. I suppose that at some stage after the protective sheet was put on the monitor, something small was pressed against it fairly hard. The box wasn't damaged, and the screen was well packaged, so it seems unlikely to have occurred during transport.

Back
Top Bottom