Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Permabanned
The reason it wouldnt work on its own was that i cant boot into windows without seeing my boot loader :(

Once thats selected it works fine but only upon entering windows.

I just cant understand why it wont work on its own before entering windows :/

i have to send off my dell monitors tomorrow and wont be able to use my pc now lol

Soldato
Still a No go.

Bah seems im going to have to buy a Tv or something with VGA or DVI to be able to see the bios with :/

Such a shame tbh

Try it on a different PC, to see if the same thing happens. No reason that it shouldn't display the BIOS screen, or other pre-Windows info - the EDID info for the screen has all standard resolutions listed.

I take it you've tried using all the different DVI outputs from the video card?

Associate
I would suggest you testing different cables or converters if you use converters.
I had similar issue with my 20wgx2 and 8800GT. Both me and my brother had same problems with 8800GT from different vendors. Lately when I used converter from my 460 on brothers 8800GT it started displaying bios. It might have something to do with EDID/DDC. Also flashing new bios on motherboard/5970 is worth a try.

Last edited:
Associate
Had a quick look on the net for others having this problem. A few things to try:

reseat the graphics card;
turn on the monitor first and give it a few minutes to warm up;
when you do get into windows, check the sync res is 60Hz or if it is, change it to 59Hz. check that the res is set to the native res for this monitor, which is 2560x1600 I believe;
check all connections,including power cord, between monitor and graphics card are fully pushed in;
check bios for any 'suspicious' settings relating to VGA/monitor which might need changed.

Permabanned
Had a quick look on the net for others having this problem. A few things to try:

reseat the graphics card;
turn on the monitor first and give it a few minutes to warm up;
when you do get into windows, check the sync res is 60Hz or if it is, change it to 59Hz. check that the res is set to the native res for this monitor, which is 2560x1600 I believe;
check all connections,including power cord, between monitor and graphics card are fully pushed in;
check bios for any 'suspicious' settings relating to VGA/monitor which might need changed.

tryed all this mate.

The monitor will only allow a 60hz connection, no way of changeing that.

cant find anything in bios that stops a big monitor :p

Associate
OP
Phoenixdancer: have you tried a different graphics card? It seems like a problem with the bi-directional DDC comms. Its a common card which is in use by many of our customers and no problems reported yet.

Soldato
Assuming it does work on your mates PC, try swapping your graphics card over into his machine. That way you will be able to narrow down the problem to either the graphics card or the motherboard. If it's the motherboard, then a BIOS update, CMOS reset, or changing some settings may help. If it's the graphics card (which I doubt) then you will be faced with a different set of issues.

Soldato
It is strange though that his graphics card powers up the U2410 fine though.

Yes, it's a strange problem indeed...

The issue is clearly one of incompatibility with the Hazro screen, than of outright inability to display a POST image. Given this, I think there's only so much that we as a community can help. Once he has gained more info from his friend's PC, it would be nice to see Hazro offering some possible solutions...

Soldato
Indeed - but what kind of issue is a different kettle of fish?!?! I would imagine RMAing the card will be difficult as they will need to try it with that specific monitor. May be its an incompatibility between that specific model of 5970 and the Hazro monitor, if that is the case that is seriously unlucky!

Soldato
Interested in the 27" CCFL now, any indications you can give that it will be cheaper than the Apple 27" which I can get for £746.13?

Also, does anyone know if I could plug a PS3 into it using a HDMI -> DVI adapter?

Associate
as a last resort add a second cheapest gpu you can find and use that for bios access.

Or in the meantime (until the problem can be fixed) you could:

1. Keep the Dell and the Hazro both connected and, when you're finished with the bios/boot loader, turn off the Dell;
2. Or if you only need to change the boot order, use something like EasyBCD (means you have to reboot everytime you change boot order and no access to bios but the Dell need not be connected).

Back
Top Bottom