Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Soldato
I don't think so... If it was my main (only) screen then it would irritate me, but as a side screen I guess it doesn't really matter too much. Besides it costs over £40 to send these screens back via parcelforce with insurance, since they weigh over 10Kg. A little bit disappointed though - the screen itself is just as good as the others, but someone's careless handling somewhere along the line has compromised that.

I suppose it will affect resale value, but hopefully that's two or three years away so I'll worry about that then. I want to keep this setup until OLED tech becomes viable (which, being realistic, will be late 2012 at the very earliest, and most likely some time in 2014).

Phoenix, I'm sure your screen will arrive today. I've had DPD deliveries up until after 6pm.

Last edited:
Soldato
Duff-Man,

If the screen has got some damage they have to pay back you the postage costs as it is not you changing your mind, OCUK does it (and has done it for me recently).

I would get it done :)

Permabanned
I must be one of the lucky ones.
My nice new 30" monitor doesn't work.
The light just flashes between orange and green.
No display.
Tried 3 different dual dvi cables.

Plugged in dell 2410 and my pc is on...

Plug in Hazro andddd nothing!

£800 down the drain :mad:

I'm NOT paying to have this shipped back to ocuk
Any help mr Hazro??

Why the he'll does this monitor not have some sorta display when you plug it in??

Pressing all the buttons does nothing.

This is guna ruin my week if it has to go back to ocuk as I have No disguised swearing please!work to do!!!!!!!!!!

Associate
Phoenixdancer

you know those 3 buttons on the side?

When you - did you flip the power switch on the bank of the monitor first?

IT sounds like you haven't powered it on (there's an actual switch - and you will see a green led in the unit work).

Then you only press the bottom of the three buttons - once - (the 2 buttons above this are for brightness.

OK?

Check it now and let me know ! I think the monitor is OK

Associate
Oh I just saw " the light flashed between orange and green" - so the unit must be getting power.

Did you move the mouse around? press the bottom button again - move the mouse and keyboard around - it might be waiting for some input.

Sorry to hear about your trouble and best of luck,

Soldato
Phoenix, just so you know, OCUK have to pay for the postage back to them if there is a problem with the monitor, you pay it first but then you can email them the postage receipt and they should pay it back. OCUK have done it for me in the past.

Soldato
I must be one of the lucky ones.
My nice new 30" monitor doesn't work.
The light just flashes between orange and green.
No display.
Tried 3 different dual dvi cables.

Plugged in dell 2410 and my pc is on...

Plug in Hazro andddd nothing!

£800 down the drain :mad:

I'm NOT paying to have this shipped back to ocuk
Any help mr Hazro??

Why the he'll does this monitor not have some sorta display when you plug it in??

Pressing all the buttons does nothing.

This is guna ruin my week if it has to go back to ocuk as I have No disguised swearing please!work to do!!!!!!!!!!

What a retarded post. Have some stars.

Permabanned
Sorry if my post was over the top,
Just had some issues that drive me mad! And the monitor kinda was the last straw lol
So I went out :)

After all it is an £800 monitor :/

I will see if windows see's it duff when i get home :)

Associate
OP
My nice new 30" monitor doesn't work. The light just flashes between orange and green. No display.

If the OSD light is switching between amber/green, it means a signal is not being received. We don't do random sample tests: Each monitor is tested for a min of 4 hours [burn-in] before dispatch. Which card is being used? Some cards have one output which is single link and the other Dual Link. Hot swapping DVI cables is not recommended - a PC restart maybe necessary. Remove ALL cables and re-connect > power on PC > wait > if nothing, flick on/off button of OSD.

Finally, with 30" displays, always a different PC which has a Dual-link card. NFF RMA claim figures are high so this would rule out a PC/monitor fault.

Soldato
I will boot it up into windows and plug it in with my dell monitor. If it's not found then I will cry lol

Hazro is suggesting that hot-swapping DVI cables is a bad idea, so probably best to try booting with both cables connected.

I've never had any issue with hot-swapping personally (never realised it could lead to any issues), but better to play it safe I guess.

Permabanned
hey

Ok it works fine. No dead pixles... perfect LCD

But it will only come on once windows is booted, This gives me 3 issues..

1. I need to use the BIOS.

2. I have a boot loader installed to use Mac os x and Ubuntu...

3. I have to select stuff before windows boots...

How do i get it to spring to life before i boot into windows?

DUFF-MAN do yours do this?

Soldato
DUFF-MAN do yours do this?

No... Not at all...

Whichever screen I have plugged into the primary output from my graphics card will show POST information. The other screens are blank until booting into windows (as would be expected).

Try plugging the screen into a different adaptor (the primary should be the top-left most DVI-D socket as you look at the graphics card from behind your case).

Glad to hear that you have no dead pixels though, as I know that this was something you were concerned about. Got to give a thumbs up to Hazro... six screens, and zero dead pixels from forum members so far. That's damn good going by anyone's book, and on screens with over 4 million pixels, all the more so. It's not large enough for a statistical sample, but surely has to be strong evidence that you could change the dead pixel policy without seeing large numbers of returns :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom