Malaysian Grand Prix 2011, Sepang International Circuit - Race 2/19

Man of Honour
OP
Being non apple you get things like USB, flash, 1gb of ram and better cameras, but nothing which costs much more money hardware wise.
You say that look at the price of android top end phones and they are the same price as iPhone to buy outright it is the only the contracts which are more expensive.

Soldato
So looking forward to this race tomorrow! RB's won't have it all there way.

I've used to F1 ap on ipad (demo of it) Was pretty impressed! I know it's £20 but it really would be nice sitting there with it on during the race.

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to the race now. It seems that the cars are quite well matched, however Webber out-qualifying Button seems to hint at Red Bull having a couple of tenths advantage over McLaren in the car. It will be interesting to see how the race goes tomorrow but I think that Hamilton will just squeak it. Has the makings of a very close race :)

Man of Honour
OP
Doesn't work with flash.
However I have been shocked how many sites have moved away from flash videos in the last year. Apple really do seem to of speed up the change. Which i didn't think would happen.

Man of Honour
I think the McLaren's will do very well tomorrow.

If you look at the sector times the top 4 all posted identical sector 1 times, the rest of the sectors remain close resulting in 3 tenths between P1 and P4.

McLaren seemed to get more life out of their tyres than RBR in Melbourne, Sepang should prove to have much higher tyre wear. Also McLaren are running more rear wing than than RBR which will limit the effect of DRS but may well help in the likely event of rain.

Soldato
Also McLaren are running more rear wing than than RBR which will limit the effect of DRS but may well help in the likely event of rain.

Doesn't running more rear wing mean that when you use DRS the difference is actually greater?

EG. if i have a shallow wing and use DRS I only gain 2% because there isn't much difference on drag. If i run a high wing and use DRS i get 4% because there is a marked difference in drag.

Running more wing will mean that on the other straights they wont have as much speed but since ina straight line the Mercedes engine is faster than a Renault one i guess they are just giving up that speed for a bit more DF.

Man of Honour
Doesn't running more rear wing mean that when you use DRS the difference is actually greater?

EG. if i have a shallow wing and use DRS I only gain 2% because there isn't much difference on drag. If i run a high wing and use DRS i get 4% because there is a marked difference in drag.

Running more wing will mean that on the other straights they wont have as much speed but since ina straight line the Mercedes engine is faster than a Renault one i guess they are just giving up that speed for a bit more DF.

Basically that.

I doubt running more wing + DRS compared to less wing + DRS has double the gains, else everyone would be doing it. :p RBR just have more inherent rear down force, where as Merc powered McLaren's have a bit extra grunt.

On a different note, good to see Paul Di Resta out qualify Sutil again who's no slouch especially as Di Resta has very limited Sepang experience. Heidfeld managed to out qualify Petrov by a couple tenths too. I've liked Perez since GP2, but he's had a bad Quali - 0.7 sec behind Kobayashi (who was only 0.01 behind Rosberg).

Soldato
Basically that.

I doubt running more wing + DRS compared to less wing + DRS has double the gains, else everyone would be doing it. :p RBR just have more inherent rear down force, where as Merc powered McLaren's have a bit extra grunt.

Oh I know, just using it as an example :p

Soldato
'morning all. Being a lazy student I CBA to get up this morning (busy lobbing fire extinguishers at police & trashing Fortnum's y0! ;)) so I missed Qually :(.

Anyone know if/when Qually is being repeated?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7755219.stm says "Qualifying: 0800-1030, BBC One/BBC Radio 5 live/online..... Qualifying repeat: 1300-1415, BBC One" but the main listings http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/programmes/schedules/south_west has "13:00–17:10 Racing from Aintree" :confused:. Bit of a contradiction!

Would be a bit odd to have the repeat of Qually on BBC One instead of the Racing, but I can't see the Qually repeat listed for BBC Two either...

Back
Top Bottom