Custom Loop Guide - How to Watercool your PC

Man of Honour
Nice read Shay.. Just add a pinch of pics, diagrams and some formatting :)

Hope you don't mind, I though this line was a bit vague
Step 17- you know that bit that came with the kit that looks like it could attach to the 24 pin power cable?

I wasn't sure what you meant be "that bit"? I use ATX jump-start method by shorting the green and any black pins leaving only the pump connected.. I use a spare PSU connecting nothing else but the pump to test for leaks and a nice white blanket.. You could use your primary PSU providing you remember to disconnect everything. If your that into PCs that you're watercooling, then a spare PSU should be most peoples spare box anyway.

Feel free to salvage any thing from my WC blog I did a few years back.. Still going strong albeit i've changed graphics cards since.here:

Soldato
Great guide, Going to make my way through it slowly.

I'm looking to spend a fair penny on a new rig, and I'm absolutely terrified of going to watercooling, Its a lot of money to be spending when I'm looking at adding water into the mix...FOR THE FIRST TIME. : \

I Was looking at a XSPC Rasa 750 kit, to cool my 2500k, I may end up chickening out and getting a Corsair H100 yet :p

We'll see how it goes, Going to have a proper read of your opening post. Also, Anyone have any videos of installing specific watercooling kits? I'm good at following instructions...Just worried when I do things off my own back :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Great guide, Going to make my way through it slowly.

I'm looking to spend a fair penny on a new rig, and I'm absolutely terrified of going to watercooling, Its a lot of money to be spending when I'm looking at adding water into the mix...FOR THE FIRST TIME. : \

I Was looking at a XSPC Rasa 750 kit, to cool my 2500k, I may end up chickening out and getting a Corsair H100 yet :p

We'll see how it goes, Going to have a proper read of your opening post. Also, Anyone have any videos of installing specific watercooling kits? I'm good at following instructions...Just worried when I do things off my own back :D

My best advice would be to forget the rasa and do it yourself - completely custom for the first time. soooooo worth it :D

Permabanned
OP
My best advice would be to forget the rasa and do it yourself - completely custom for the first time. soooooo worth it :D

To be fair you would struggle to set up custom that performs anywhere near as good as the rasa 240 kit for near that price ;)

The block is really good, the rad is one of the best you can get, and the pump isn't too shoddy either. I have the kit with an extra 360 rad and gpu block and the temps are phenomenal :)

Btw guys, I missed the delivery of my 2500k today, so will have to wait till Monday for updates :(

Soldato
To be fair you would struggle to set up custom that performs anywhere near as good as the rasa 240 kit for near that price ;)

The block is really good, the rad is one of the best you can get, and the pump isn't too shoddy either. I have the kit with an extra 360 rad and gpu block and the temps are phenomenal :)

Btw guys, I missed the delivery of my 2500k today, so will have to wait till Monday for updates :(

I forgot to mention, I meant spend more money aswell :p

Unlucky about the delivery. I rarely/never miss deliveries. DPD or Royal mail usually chuck it over my fence or just leave it by my door :D:p

Soldato

I think because I've never really used or even seen a watercooling system outside of pictures. I'd prefer to get a kit. Just so I can build it up and watch it running and working as it should.

Maybe then, I can look into customizing the kit. But for my first attempt, I'd like a paint by numbers kit :p

Permabanned
OP
Well, I've just spent the last 4 hours totally rebuilding my pc from the ground up, including drilling some extra holes to make sure the rads fit perfectly. I have taken pictures at every step, but I must say this is the best build I have ever done, so look forward to some piccies tomorrow you lucky lot ;). My CPU arrives tomorrow, so the guide will be totally reformatted, pics and links added, and any additional ideas from others and errors added and corrected.

Hopefully will be worth some stars then ;). Till about 12pm!!

Back
Top Bottom