• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Permabanned
True and defo an argument winner. To play devils advocate though, RadeonPro can do a good job of forcing crossfire but ultimately yes your right.....single card is always superior. I just think that its a lot of money but still.... I would if I could!

Associate
At the risk of turning the thread into a flame war (its certainly not my intention), does anyone know if AMD are designing anything to compete against the titan?

Associate
At the risk of turning the thread into a flame war (its certainly not my intention), does anyone know if AMD are designing anything to compete against the titan?

From what l know ATI will release the 8*** series of cards and they have nothing to compete with Nvidia's Titan.

Soldato
From what l know ATI will release the 8*** series of cards and they have nothing to compete with Nvidia's Titan.

Will be interesting to see. Usually AMD are first out with new cards (and make some good £ from doing so probably) and I think AMD may bring out the 8 series before the Nvidia's next 7** series so wondering if Nvidia are releasing this to take take an early lead (and £).

Worth noting that despite the prices (what we consider expensive for their current offerings), AMD and NVidia's shareprices are not exactly rocketing away with the general market.

Soldato
I'm probably going to pass on this card now thinking about it...
I really dont need the GPU power, for the games i actually enjoy i dont even need a 5450...:p

I just played some BF3 and regret every second i just spent playing it, so ****in boring! FPS games bore me but they're the only games i play.

Soldato
Will be interesting to see. Usually AMD are first out with new cards (and make some good £ from doing so probably) and I think AMD may bring out the 8 series before the Nvidia's next 7** series so wondering if Nvidia are releasing this to take take an early lead (and £).

Worth noting that despite the prices (what we consider expensive for their current offerings), AMD and NVidia's shareprices are not exactly rocketing away with the general market.
Well, it would still be down to performance vs pricing. I still remember AMD launched their 79xx cards with silly prices, and stack their pricing right on top of the old gen GTX580 (which was already expensive)...and due to the cards being more expensive, it was no more bang for bucks than the year old GTX580 and the performance per £ were not that much different. I remember the 79xx cards in the today only deals back then, and no even one shifted at the end of the day :p (However, if AMD had the 12.11 driver at launch, then it would had been much more bang for bucks...shame it took them nearly 7-9 months to finally get the driver performance to that stage).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Back on topic.

If they are as fast as a 690 and come with 6GB, would any of us be paying £829 for instance? (just a guess figure)

A GTX 690 is £800.

So a GTX Titan 6GB; Being a single core GPU with Faster 384Bit vRam and 2GB more of it- and the same performance?

I could be wrong, but be that as it may, i doubt its going to be £835, its going to be more, IMO.
It will also render the GTX 690 completely pointless.

Its a bit of a proverbial rock and a hard place, if it is as fast as the GTX 690 its going to have to cost more money as its a single core GPU, and there is more of it, vRam etc...

Or, the GTX 690 will have to come down in price, which could lead to the GTX 680 having to follow in coming down in price, and so on.....

The only way this may makes sense is if its faster than the GTX 680, but not as fast as the GTX 690, and cost around the same as the latter of the two.

Which is yet another hard place, that would leave the door open for AMD to hurt it, not to match it, and certainly not beat it... They don't need to do that, given AMD's current 7970 GE performance vs the GTX 680, the 8970 could get well and truly in between the GTX 680 and Titan at £400 or a bit more (which is a completely realistic price)

So it could well be, that no mater what they do, or what the price / performance, it may well end up a bit of a damp squib, or a thorn in their own side.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a limited part.

Stop trying to apply regular logic to it. Once they are gone they are gone. They are going to be strictly linked to the K20 process.

It does not matter if it's faster and cheaper than a 690 as there won't be many available in the market.

Permabanned
It's a limited part.

Stop trying to apply regular logic to it. Once they are gone they are gone. They are going to be strictly linked to the K20 process.

It does not matter if it's faster and cheaper than a 690 as there won't be many available in the market.

Spot on. People who this is aimed at will buy one regardless. And for the rest.........the 680

Caporegime
OP
500x1000px-LL-5f64ea55_12139608.jpg

Pinch of salt as always

Caporegime
OP
GTX680 released, we NVIDIA GK110 core reverie. Although the GTX680 is the current flagship graphics card, but use GK104 various parameters specification does not look like flagship goods. End of the 2012's lively, original thinking can calm some of the graphics sector is boiling again, I AIC manufacturers messages received, will be released in February GTX Titan!

It is understood, GTX Titan uses core GK110 Kepler architecture-based consumer-level graphics cards, get the message to become GeForce Titan, As for the final will be named GTX780 temporarily unknown. The GTX Titan (predictive models), NV for finished graphics directly to the AIC manufacturing, similar to the GTX690, so this will be very expensive and limited.

● core area will be even greater!

3177824_hexinmianji.jpg

GK110 will continue using the 28-nanometer process, the pass will have 7.1 billion transistors, full use than the GTX680 GK104 core (GK104 core 3.54 billion), equivalent heap area under the same process, the stacker, GK110 core area will be keep 550mm2 (huge).

3177824_5420f05aa936400eafc87c426c555d29_thumb.jpg

Distance 550mm2 core size is close to the GTX280, also estimated to be about styling this core occupies a large position. Of course, since the stockyard will naturally heat the heap. GTX Titan thermal power will be 235W (GTX680 195, HD7970 is 250 watts), taking into account the Kepler introduces GPU Boost technology, it is estimated that the highest TDP to 300W.

3177824_gk_2.jpg

But judged purely from TDP graphics card power consumption and heat inaccurate GTX480 TDP or 240W, but ultimately stove and electric tiger title, I believe we have heard. GTX680's TDP is 195W, the overall performance compared to the GTX480, one day.

Titan will be used for the the GK110 core to provide the ability to NVIDIA Tesla family of enterprise-class rival the Titan chip will at least disable a group SMX unit, leaving only 2688 CUDA cores (although this is still beyond the GTX 680 series over 1000 ).

titanspecs.jpg

● Parameter Specification

Allegedly, NVIDIA GeForce new Titan - "neatly" with reference to the 18688 nodes using Cray's supercomputer at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Titan on Tesla K20X GPU.

Whether it is called the GeForce Titan GeForce GTX 780, the card will be the history of most cattle 13 consumer-level graphics cards, with 2688 stream processors with 384-bit 5.2GHz 6GB GDDR5 memory, but the core frequency is not high paltry 732MHz (high temperature you understand).

Man of Honour

Pinch of salt as always

Sorry Greg this chart looks fake

The give away is the numbers on the right - the top three have a single value but the Titan has a range.

I wish NV would hurry up and get some cards out to reviewers to put an end to speculation.

If anyone can read Chinese I would be interested to know what it says in brackets where the clock speed for the Titan should be, another inconsistancy.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Pinch of salt as always

Just lifted this off of the website for the above chart

This is what they wrote underneath.

Of course, the more graphics card 3DMark listed after this kind of run the application will also be "optimized", we expect that the GTX 3DMark 11 run of Titan will go to 5,300. In addition, GeForce Titan price will be $ 899! Gao Fushuai toys.

Its just their prediction - Yet more speculation.

Back
Top Bottom