• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Caporegime
As the last thread got closed (rightly so). I thought I would start a new one with all the rumours and gossip linked. Please stay on track and no fanboy talk.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-titan-gtx-780-performance-surpasses-gtx-690/

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...d-hd-7990.aspx

http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=955&page=0

http://videocardz.com/39536/nvidia-g...-february-18th

http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-600/geforce-titan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_700_Series

http://translate.googleusercontent....-titan&usg=ALkJrhgfwOlDIZty4oJOS36b0CQo2E8RMQ

First pics of Titan

1O0tiPU.jpg

vcf0Kd3.jpg

And EK are working on a Water Block.

EKWB-GTX-Titan-WaterBlock-Idea-2-650x379.jpg

nvdagtxtitantpu689.jpg

What is being predicted so far is:

• Name to be Geforce GTX Titan and not linked to the 780
  • Only EVGA and Asus to supply Titans
  • 384 Bit memory bus (confirmed)
  • 6GB GDDR5 (confirmed)
  • 2688 Cuda Cores (confirmed)
  • 837Mhz core clock speed (EVGA and Asus may have higher stock clocks)
  • 876Mhz boost clock
  • 1502Mhz Memory clock speed (6008Mhz effective)
  • 288.4GB/s bandwith
  • 14 SMX clusters (confirmed)
  • 224 TMU's
  • 48 ROP's
  • 521mm2 die size
  • 7080 million transistors
  • 6+8 pin power connectors (75W + 150W)
  • 85% the performance of a 690
  • Priced at $899 - $1400
  • Paper launch 18th February (confirmed)
  • expected in shops 24th February
  • Less than 10,000 to be produced

Obviously like anything that is unreleased, the rumour mill will be going strong, so nothing is set and take it with a pinch of salt. Please link any new rumours and only discuss Titan and what it may or may not have bring.

From a personal point of view, I am very excited. I am a fan of Nvidia and being a multi screen gamer, the 256 bit bus of the 680 feels like it is being held back. With 384 bit bus on this monster, that won't be a problem. Pricey indeed though :(

I will update the OP as we go along and add any decent links (get searching) :)

First PCB picture

nicki-minaj-wild-crazy-23.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP

That link has been pulled?

NVIDIA GeForce Titan Features 6 GB Memory – Review Samples Already Shipped

The GeForce Titan comes in late February and would essentially be a full fledge Tesla K20X designed for consumer market. Based on the much powerful GK110 architecture, the GPU would feature 2688 cuda cores and a huge 6 GB GDDR5 memory running across a 384-bit interface and all of which would be useable unlike that on Dual chip cards.

http://n4g.com/news/1167214/nvidia-geforce-titan-features-6-gb-memory-review-samples-already-shipped

Caporegime
OP
According to various news NVIDIA will launch this year based on the the GK110 core desktop graphics, will enable a new "GeForce Titan" call naming high-end cards may be called the "GeForce Titan 780 release time may be in the the end, said many foreign media have been given a test sample card, and more information about the card exposure.
2688, after the news that the GTX 780 may complete GK110 core based on screen a set of stream processors, the number of stream processors with 384-bit 6GB GDDR5 memory, the core and memory frequencies of 732MHz , 5.2GHz. News from foreign counterparts today also confirmed this statement, but there is no clear-cut explanation for the GTX 780 Frequency 732/5200MHz frequency can not be satisfactory is hard to say.
There is also news that the GTX 780 TDP 235W, but the actual power consumption may be as high as 300W, combined with the point of view of the provision messages GTX 780 also reasonable that the low default frequency, high frequency re point Nenggen GTX 690 par.
Last GTX 780 achievements was exposed a few days ago claiming false , because users after processing in this picture from the smear at the words to see the GTX 690, but everyone the right to be a reference to see if it can be I believe that the GTX 780 specifications and performance over a few days later there will be a conclusion.

The 732Mhz clock has me slightly concerned. If this is what it is, then that 85% performance of a 690 is way off. Closer to 50% would be my guesstimate.

http://translate.googleusercontent....=11465&usg=ALkJrhiLLnCIH_HBu5xsNu-ED0KMsESbvg

Caporegime
OP
It's not wrong - it's well known that 1920*1080 isn't going to fully utilise two 680/7970s and if you had researched it prior to buying you'd have known that in most games you're going to get utilisation issues. It's been this way for a long, long time.

It's an easy way out blaming consoles but the reality of it is often more complicated.

This.

Some games will only see my GPU's at 70% because of bad coding/drivers.

Some games are frame capped and when you hit the ceiling, the GPU's don't need to work so hard.

Caporegime
OP
Still no solid news yet ?

Must say I think I'm happy except for the Price :eek: , I realise nothing solid yet but keep running it over in my mind, what the max I would really pay for something like this :confused:

A little like preparing to bid at an auction :D

Nope :( I keep hunting but the same ol rumours we already know keep popping up. Hopefully something solid soon :)

Caporegime
OP
:D , That reminds me did you get a chance to try your cards at minimum voltage ?

I forgot but will do it now.

I will drop volts (if it works) and watch at the wall how much power is being used.

@ Retro. Yes mate. I have a feeling these will sell fast, so hence why I want to raise the funds for 2 of them :)

Edit:

Just ran Fire strike with normal clocks/volts and was pulling around 750W on the first test. Dropped the volts and clocks by 100Mv and was pulling around 700W. 50W decreased.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Are your cards 1.175v at stock ?....go to the lowest voltage possible

1.175v and the lowest possible is 1.075v The performance lost was tiny (I did have to drop clocks by 40Mhz for a stable run). The frames were down from ~60 to ~56.

Looking at this, hopefully Nvida lose the "Green" label and stick two fingers up to power efficency.

I was reading Anamdtech earlier and some very vaild points of what we are talking.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2296980&page=22

Page 20 is quite insightful. A little over my head if I am honest but it all makes sense.

Caporegime
OP
For someone like me who games in 3 screens in 3D, I need to stay with Nvidia (and want to). The 256 bit memory bus of the 680/670 is fine for 1080P but at 5760*1080, it is limiting. With a 384bit bus of Titan, It will allow 3 screens to perform far better.

The performance needs to be quite significant before I chuck £700+ on 2 of them though.

Caporegime
OP
My System:

Case: * *InWIN BLACK DRAGON RIDER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU): * *INTEL® CORE™i7 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR i7-3770K (4.7GHz) 8MB CACHE
Motherboard: * *ASUS® SABERTOOTH Z77: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR
Memory (RAM): * *16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card: * *2GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D VISION READY
2nd Graphics Card: * *2GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D VISION READY
Memory - 1st Hard Disk: * *2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
SSD Cache Drive: * *20GB INTEL® SSD 313 SERIES - SLC CACHE DRIVE FOR SYSTEM / 1st HDD
DVD/Blue-Ray Drive: * *10x LG BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Power Supply: * *CORSAIR*750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
Keyboard: * *RAZER BLACKWIDOW ULTIMATE STEALTH
Mouse Mat: * *RAZER VESPULA
Mouse: * *RAZER MAMBA

Nice :)

I am a little puzzled as to what games you are finding SLI to not scale well in? I haven't gamed much lately but I have been doing some latency and GPU usage tests and found that both my GPU's are scaling very well. The latest drivers 313.95 (313.96) are superb for SLI and multi screens.

Any more info?

Caporegime
OP
All I can see wrong with those hardOCP specs is the core clock. It will have to be higher to get near 690 performance and it was never going to be as fast as SLI 680's from early rumours.

85% of a 690 still seems viable and doable.

Caporegime
OP
LOL sorry, just following the thread over on Hardocp.

Kyle has just said he has got no specs from Nvidia yet about the card. He hasn't got any word at all it seems from Nvidia and he thinks it is going to be a soft launch.

He also says don't expect the 700 series until quarter 3.

So, no Titan just yet??

Nvidia do keep their cards close their chests. Kyle knows as much as us and I take what he says with a pinch of salt.

He will post something completely contradictory and then when it is released, he will claim he is right again. Cover all the bases and then you can be right all the time ;)

Caporegime
OP
Nice Kaap.

At Hamish, the reference of 85% the power of a 690 is used because it is a constant format. If they was to say SLI 680's, other variables need to be considered such as, PCI-E lane speeds, what 680's were used etc etc and it confuses the whole thing (like it is doing with you).

There is 4 different 690's for sale on OcUK and everyone has the same clock speeds. There is 16 different 680's with only 3 having the same clock speeds. This is why you can't compare SLI 680's. If you compare my cards in SLI to a 690, Titan would never be 85% the performance.

Do you get me now?

Back
Top Bottom