• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
Also that reminds me, there have been Intel CPUs at this price point since time immemorial, and CPUs are boring compared to graphics cards. A little perspective, there. :p

Soldato
Also that reminds me, there have been Intel CPUs at this price point since time immemorial, and CPUs are boring compared to graphics cards. A little perspective, there. :p

TBF,CPUs do tend to last somewhat longer than most graphics cards. An overclocked Core i5 2500K is going to be relevant for years,let alone those six core jobbies!!

People with overclocked socket 1366 Core i7 CPUs still are doing OK now.

Compare that to the fastest graphics card,at the time,the GTX285. Graphics cards tend to be pushed more than CPUs,and only now we are seeing engines which can effectively use 4 to 8 threads.

But anyway,lets not go there anymore,lest more issues start again!!

Last edited:
Soldato
In addition to the "professional" crowd, these cards are for true gaming/ benchmarking "enthusiasts" who can afford them and who will not feel guilty for buying them. You obviously don't fit into either group, so if you have nothing productive to add maybe you should find an anti-Titan whiners club forum? Enjoy! :p

** removed **

The power of marketing is so great, you've got people running Phenom 1090Ts thinking this "upgrade" would offer them best value.

They lost out on the single GPU crown, they lost the contracts on the gaming development side, they even lost out on the contracts for the new consoles so their only remaining trump card?... Good old fashioned extortion.

I wouldn't be shocked if nVidia were gone in five years time.

Last edited:
Associate
Well remember the 580s? Due to there being limited stock the prices went up literally over night. Wonder if similar?

Yeah that's my conclusion / guess but demand has to be there and I wonder if it sufficient to shift these cards at those sort of prices given the not quite stellar performance increases over say something like a 680.

Caporegime
** removed **

The power of marketing is so great, you've got people running Phenom 1090Ts thinking this "upgrade" would offer them best value.

They lost out on the single GPU crown, they lost the contracts on the gaming development side, they even lost out on the contracts for the new consoles so their only remaining trump card?... Good old fashioned extortion.

I wouldn't be shocked if nVidia were gone in five years time.

Nvidia will keep on the "more money = better quality and more GPU" argument until enough people realise its bogus in this case.

For that to happen AMD need to continue undercutting Nvidia, keep the Drivers solid and keep working on developing new features, the only problem with 'new features' is that AMD don't lock Nvidia out of anything they do so they can never claim, as Nvidia do, exclusivity for this and that.

AMD are probably banking on Developers rewarding AMD for that by choosing to work with AMD instead of Nvidia.
Its a good strategy, time will tell if it works. And the fact that AMD are in every Game Console certainly wont hurt that.

Nvidia rely very very heavily on GPU sales and high profit margins in that sector, AMD don't, its a minor part on their business, i don't know the exact figures but roughly AMD's GPU's make up about 10% of their revenue, with Nvidia its about 60%

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yes you need to get over 4.0ghz
Yeah the old 920 c0 wont go past 3.8 on air.
However 930 is at a solid 4.4 ht on which is good for a 930.

Ah, that explains where you are coming from, don't worry, no one is suggesting you made a bad choice buying 690... Titan is not really aimed at the same type of user... don't forget that a 690 is a dual GPU solution... two 690's would be a 4 GPU solution (maximum SLI supports)

a Titan is primarily for;
don't like SLI so wouldn't buy a 690 whatever may be
people who see that sometimes scaling beyond 2 GPU SLI is poor
small form factor cases that can't fit a bigger card like a 690
people who want more performance that 2 690's could possibly offer (3-way and 4-way Titan SLI)
people who want more than 2GB of VRAM (which is what the 690 is limited to no matter how many of them you have)

in each of these cases, the Titan can offer something that a 690 (or two) can't... no one has been suggesting that a Titan is outright better than a 690, however, 2 Titan's might be better than 2 690's, or a single Titan might be the only option (to avoid SLI altogether or physically fit the card in the case)

I understand you wanting to do some post rationalistion on your purchase decision, but maximum frame rates are the least important - avg and min are far more indicative of actual gameplay, dips to 10FPS will be more noticeable and more jarring than say dips to 30FPS, when you compare the graphs on this basis the Titan compares quite well

for single monitor gaming, the 690 is the better price/performance contender, absolutely, but then 670 SLI would be similar performance and cheaper again (or 7950 crossfire if you were that way inclined)

even if you only compare maximum frame rates, I would hardly call a difference of say 120 to 140 FPS "smashing it"

you are being extremely selective in your reading of the data in order to make a claim that one of these cards "smashes" the other... in some cases one is faster, some the other, and in some they are around the same... for it to be a "smash" then one would need to beat every metric consistently, imo

but as I say, no one has claimed that 1 Titan will outright beat 1 690... but the Titan has the capability to be SLI'd further or used in situations where a 690 would be unsuitable, which is the market it's aimed at

they give you ingame money to buy a digital tank (or guns or stompy robots)... though I'll be selling mine if they turn up

Ok as long as your happy with the card.
My next card will probably be another 690 or Maxwell not that its needed tbh.

Soldato
Probally been already mentioned, not gonna sift through hundreds of pages...
MSI Set To Unveil GeForce GTX Titan Lightning Edition Graphics Card At CeBIT 2013

Manufacturer of some of the world’s best hardware components, mainly including motherboards and graphics cards, MSI (Micro Star International) is all set to unveil their latest GeForce GTX Titan Lightning Edition GPU at the CeBIT 2013 event starting from March 5th.

143cb.jpg

Link >> http://wccftech.com/msi-set-unveil-geforce-gtx-titan-lightning-edition-graphics-card-cebit-2013/

Link >> http://www.techpowerup.com/180699/MSI-Teases-Gaming-Series-Motherboards-Graphics-Cards-and-All-in-One-Desktops.html

Back
Top Bottom