Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hamsik is an attacking midfielder, I think he has been playing as second forward though now Lavezzi isn't there? I may be wrong.

Either way he isn't a striker.

Tevez has been a fantastic player for us and has Dzeko sometimes but Cavani is top drawer and I hope we can get the deal done early if it is going to be so he can go on the pre season tours.

Soldato
Rumours are Cabaye is leaving this summer.

I 100% believe these as it's been clear to all he hasn't been interested all season, we thought this might change when his mate (Debuchy) arrived in January, but it seems not.

It was also clear to me that when he went off in the second half against Arsenal, he was very much waving goodbye to the fans...

I'd take £20m for him now! Use that money to buy another goal scorer and replace Cabaye with someone of Santi Carzola's quality...

Be lucky to get £15m now for Cabaye after the season he's just had.

Soldato
OP
Cavani is a great player. People said he needs wingers to get crosses. Personally, whilst I know Cavani is very strong in the air, I feel he is better with the ball at his feet. While wingers will help, if you play him through the middle (through balls etc.) he is just as good. Imo, you just need a creative midfielder and he will be fine.

And Hamsik was that creative midfielder for Napoli. Hamsik was always a midfielder, who was normally employed behind the main striker, but this season, he dropped back to a central midfielder at times, where he is equally adapt. They play a 3-5-1-1 formation, with Goran Pandev behind Cavani, sometimes making it a 3-4-2-1 (Pandev & Hamsik behind Cavani).

Personally, I rate Cavani very highly. Imo, the best real striker on the planet, better than Falcao.

Soldato
*dons cynical hat* many people watch Napoli regularly?
I don't but you only have to read the reports etc on Cavani to know his quality.

I have seen him once in person in our first CL game last year and he was fantastic to watch. Napoli were fantastic at the speed they broke and how they defended but he was class.

I haven't seen Falcao play in real life but I watch as many A.Madrid games as I can and he too is fantastic. Given the choice I would choose Cavani however.

Soldato
OP
*dons cynical hat* many people watch Napoli regularly?

I have been watching Roma without losing a game for 3 years and a half now.

I also tend to watch other games when Roma are not on (so for example if Roma play in the evening, I watch one of the games at 3, and more often than not, even the one at 12.30). Besides, I do watch highlights, TV programs etc.

I can say I have watched Napoli/Cavani quite a few times :p

Caporegime
You have seen Cavani once live and you don't watch Napoli games

You watch as many Athleti games as you can where Falcao regularly seems to be banging them in

You choose Cavani. Okay.
Didn't you say Coutinho was rubbish and wasn't worth the money Liverpool spent though? :p

Think that is the guy with the Roma sig, I'm so sad we signed Coutinho

fez

fez

Caporegime
On the subject of Kagawa, Klopp did an interview with The Guardian:

I can't say I disagree with him at all. He was Dortmunds player of the year with players like Goetze and Lewandowski so we knew he was a fantastic player and Fergie used him like crap.

I'm actually embarrassed for us really. He could have been in with a shout of winning the CL if he stayed at Dortmund, instead he was used as a bit part player all season in favour of a number of people, some of whom weren't even midfielders.

I am just hoping that Moyes sees the value in him. Fergie was the master at rotating the squad but so many times he has ignored players that should be playing week in week out.

Associate
Spurs offered 27 million for Carrol that was rejected by Newcastle as they knew we were sniffing around.

Anyway Reina to Barca looks pretty much nailed on, Pepe is driving it himself but the club are 'happy' for him to leave by all accounts (reported on Sunday on various outlets by a few journos, no idea if its been in this thread, only just heard it myself - listening to TAW podcast from yesterday)

Bergovic is being looked at by the club as a replacement (Jonothan Northcroft reporting)

I hope Begovic isn't going to Liverpool and stays at Stoke, if he leaves it needs to be for a top four club, he's easily good enough. I can see Arsenal knocking on the door for him.

Soldato
Spurs offered 27 million for Carrol that was rejected by Newcastle as they knew we were sniffing around.

we offered circa £20m.

the spurs squad fly out to the bahamas for a tournament game today. apparently levy is onboard (joe lewis resides in the bahamas) and the rumours of offering bale +/-£150kp/w with a £50m release clause if an offer comes in next season are true.

Caporegime
The dream is over. Kenwright and his friggen delegation!

"@tancredipalmeri: BREAKING NEWS: Moutinho and James Rodriguez signed for Monaco for 70m €, according to Sky Italy"

Soldato
OP
Didn't you say Coutinho was rubbish and wasn't worth the money Liverpool spent though? :p
I did. I said he has potential, and he has shown none of it at Inter.

Although what i forgot to say is that even an average player looks great around players like Henderson, Allen, Downing etc. :D :p

Tbh, on paper, Borini was a good signing, but with his 1 goal scored, we can't say he was a good signing :D:p

It LOOKS like Cavani can do well at City. The only thing that changed is that whilst Napoli literally base their game around Cavani, City will (probably) base their game around a whole team, so you need to see how he adapts to the change.

Still doesn't change the fact that i watch a bit too much Serie A:D:p
Think that is the guy with the Roma sig, I'm so sad we signed Coutinho

Thats me :p I changed my sig to nothing at all.

EDIT: More from Palmeri

Seems like the price for James Rodriguez has been approx 30m €, which compared to others is relatively not even that much

Soldato
I can't say I disagree with him at all. He was Dortmunds player of the year with players like Goetze and Lewandowski so we knew he was a fantastic player and Fergie used him like crap.

I'm actually embarrassed for us really. He could have been in with a shout of winning the CL if he stayed at Dortmund, instead he was used as a bit part player all season in favour of a number of people, some of whom weren't even midfielders.

I am just hoping that Moyes sees the value in him. Fergie was the master at rotating the squad but so many times he has ignored players that should be playing week in week out.

I agree with you in part - but remember he also had a knee injury for ~ 2 months at the end of 2012, which didnt help.

Im hoping Kagawa and to a lesser extent Clev get more games under Moyes - they could both be fantastic if used right.

Soldato
I did. I said he has potential, and he has shown none of it at Inter.

Although what i forgot to say is that even an average player looks great around players like Henderson, Allen, Downing etc. :D :p

Tbh, on paper, Borini was a good signing, but with his 1 goal scored, we can't say he was a good signing :D:p

I think you're being pretty harsh on Henderson, he's improving dramatically. Downing has been a lot better this year. And Allen has barely played since Coutinho joined.

Coutinho has looked exceptional alongside Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard, and against pretty much every defence he has played against.

I'm not saying (yet) that he'll do it long term. He needs a full season at this level to be placed alongside Mata and Silva, but so far he's been excellent.

On Kagawa, the difficulty is that Utd played very differently to Dortmund last year. Dortmund keep the ball high up the pitch, bringing Kagawa into play and letting him do what he's good at. Utd break from deep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom