Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Although its still April, many teams have already started looking at potential players they can buy/sell to strengthen their team. Apart from that, there are quite a few good players whose contracts will end this summer. You can also post manager rumors.

To start off, Juventus confirmed (was some time ago) that they will be signing Llorente on a free transfer from Athletico Bilbao.
http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/24_gen2013_llorente

Roma are ready to satisfy St. Etienne's €13-€15M request to buy Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, beating Fiorentina and Arsenal, amongst others.

This means that probably Osvaldo will be sold this summer, with many teams including Juventus, napoli, Fiorentina, Tottenham and Anzhi all interested in him. The fee is around 15M.

Manchester United reportedly ready to sell Nani to help fund the acquisition of James Rodriguez from Porto.

Soldato
OP
Couldn't this thread have waited a little longer :(?

I hate to read everyone playing Football Manager for ages and moaning for the months on end, could have at least waited, now everyone will start the 'Fergie buy [insert exotic CM that they've seen play 3 times] here' chants that just brings everyone down :(.
Lol? News reports have been going on for ages about who is going where. Is it a problem that we have to discuss it?

That FM thing is pretty useless. I am an FM player, but I barley judge on it. Marquinhos is very average on FM, but he is a beast in real life. So much so, that there are teams like Barca interested.
Rumors that Vieira has been speaking to Abumeyang as well. Could do with some pace in the team!

I reckon we will sell Lescott, Dzeko and hopefully Kolarov. RSC, Bridge and Kolo are all gone anyway.

Apparently we want Jovetic as well but I would imagine it is Jovetic or Abumeyang and not both.

I heard Barca want Kompany. In that case, it would be wise to keep Lescott, no?

Soldato
OP
The news reports go on year long round, as soon as the window shuts, so I don't see your point there.

As I've said, it was a tongue in cheek post due to the fact it's going to spark the usual boring, endless, nigh on insane retards talking of midfielders. Thankfully none of the latter people have entered the thread just yet, so it's not started.

But soon, just wait. Tomorrow if we lose to City, we all know who will be in banging his 'signed for the shirt sales' drum.

That is why we need a thread all year round. Post-January window, we keep on using the January one. Now when the league is coming to an end, and contracts are expiring, it becomes more interesting/believable.

If you don't like, don't view/post.

Soldato
OP
De Rossi might be leaving this summer tbh. Hamsik might be tempted to leave too.

Inler is a step down imo, but he didn't have the players of caliber like at man united.

Don't really think any of Juve's midfielders would move tbh.

Soldato
OP
Fulham want to buy Stekelenburg from Roma. They oferred 6m for him, which is around what Roma want for the player.

The Dutch goalkeeper was close to signing for Fulham on Deadline Day in January, where he caught a flight to London, without knowing that Roma hadn't found a substitute.

Soldato
OP
945289_10151602477514127_553478546_n.jpg

Soldato
OP
Whats he like? Must be good for Wenger to make him his highest ever signing.

There were also rumours of Fab coming back... now that would be a signing ;)
Very good. He's more of a second striker sort of player, rather than a poacher/Van Persie type of player. He has the vision, creativity and flair to do well in many top teams. Jovetic along with Ljajic have created a very good front pair for Fiorentina this season, but none of them are real strikers.

I feel he can fit in well in some sort of 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 formation, playing behind a lone striker (Giroud) and near Podolski. Midfield can be formed by Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta.

£30mil for a striker that has in the past 3 seasons, missed an entire season, and hasn't scored more than 14 league goals before, £30mil, honestly £20mil sounds like too much. He's 23 already, has had a serious injury not too long ago(but two relatively full seasons since) and from what I've seen, he spends most of his game dropping deep, controlling the ball and passing forwards, which is what Giroud is pretty good at BUT Arsenal rarely play in a way suited to that part of Giroud's game. From vids of the goals he's scored, I'm not particularly impressed, there are few if any super high quality goals that make me think he's something special.

As for a coup, when Arsenal spend 20mil + on someone and pay more wages than they've paid before, and no one else has offered more, it only says no one else wanted to offer more, which suggests its not a coup, simple as that.

I haven't seen much of him, but his record isn't great, and youtube is questionable at best. Though in general a glittering clip of 10 awesome goals and a few tricks, when someone has played several full seasons isn't proof they are any good, when those video's lack any absolute quality at all.... maybe that is slightly more telling.

IE put any players 20 best moments across 5 years in 30 seconds of clips you can make them look amazing, but when 3-10minute video's show very very little true quality at all I think that can mean an awful lot more.

he's 6ft , not very fast, goes down a lot, doesn't score much, and seems at his best with his back to goal playing deeper, is that what Arsenal need? In the current team, not even slightly, however if we buy other players, the right kind of winger and put a top class finisher infront of Jovetic... maybe he would be the right player.

However for 24-30mil(seen both numbers quoted of late), he doesn't come across as a 30 goal a season striker at all.

FOR **** SAKE STOP COMMENTING ON **** YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. I SWEAR YOU JUST LIKE ARGUMENTS. **** OFF.

Soldato
OP
Cavani is a great player. People said he needs wingers to get crosses. Personally, whilst I know Cavani is very strong in the air, I feel he is better with the ball at his feet. While wingers will help, if you play him through the middle (through balls etc.) he is just as good. Imo, you just need a creative midfielder and he will be fine.

And Hamsik was that creative midfielder for Napoli. Hamsik was always a midfielder, who was normally employed behind the main striker, but this season, he dropped back to a central midfielder at times, where he is equally adapt. They play a 3-5-1-1 formation, with Goran Pandev behind Cavani, sometimes making it a 3-4-2-1 (Pandev & Hamsik behind Cavani).

Personally, I rate Cavani very highly. Imo, the best real striker on the planet, better than Falcao.

Soldato
OP
*dons cynical hat* many people watch Napoli regularly?

I have been watching Roma without losing a game for 3 years and a half now.

I also tend to watch other games when Roma are not on (so for example if Roma play in the evening, I watch one of the games at 3, and more often than not, even the one at 12.30). Besides, I do watch highlights, TV programs etc.

I can say I have watched Napoli/Cavani quite a few times :p

Soldato
OP
Didn't you say Coutinho was rubbish and wasn't worth the money Liverpool spent though? :p
I did. I said he has potential, and he has shown none of it at Inter.

Although what i forgot to say is that even an average player looks great around players like Henderson, Allen, Downing etc. :D :p

Tbh, on paper, Borini was a good signing, but with his 1 goal scored, we can't say he was a good signing :D:p

It LOOKS like Cavani can do well at City. The only thing that changed is that whilst Napoli literally base their game around Cavani, City will (probably) base their game around a whole team, so you need to see how he adapts to the change.

Still doesn't change the fact that i watch a bit too much Serie A:D:p
Think that is the guy with the Roma sig, I'm so sad we signed Coutinho

Thats me :p I changed my sig to nothing at all.

EDIT: More from Palmeri

Seems like the price for James Rodriguez has been approx 30m €, which compared to others is relatively not even that much

Soldato
OP
I think you're being pretty harsh on Henderson, he's improving dramatically. Downing has been a lot better this year. And Allen has barely played since Coutinho joined.

Coutinho has looked exceptional alongside Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard, and against pretty much every defence he has played against.

I'm not saying (yet) that he'll do it long term. He needs a full season at this level to be placed alongside Mata and Silva, but so far he's been excellent.

On Kagawa, the difficulty is that Utd played very differently to Dortmund last year. Dortmund keep the ball high up the pitch, bringing Kagawa into play and letting him do what he's good at. Utd break from deep.

It was just a small joke, mainly in a stupid way to justify myself. :p I don't watch Liverpool much, but I heard that both Downing and Henderson were improving.

I had said that Coutinho has A LOT of potential, which was not shown at Inter. I had said £20M was a bit too much because he hadn't showed much. I'm not surprised he is playing well, because he has the potential to, just I felt that there was a slight risk he would never achieve it.

I doubt that I am wrong about Cavani though. He's a cracking player :p

Soldato
OP
Henderson has improved hugely, he has got some talent (played for England at all levels so far, and is U21 captain I beleive outshining other, more raved about English youngsters), he just needs to believe in himself more.

Downing, no he's still utter garbage :D

Is there any truth in the rumor that Stekelenburg has had a falling out with other Roma players? If pepe is on his way out I would love him at Liverpool.

He's going 100%. Roma already got a replacement.

Soldato
OP
Not looking good on the Higuin & Jovetic front, Higuain is off to Juve and rumor is Jevetic wants to stay in Italy. Anyway its season ticket renewal time for the Arsenal, and we all know thats when the big names get dragged out, same happened this time last year ;)

I doubt Juve will buy Higuain AND Jovetic (seeing that Juve are the only team in Italy with real spending power)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom