Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
If Lamela wasn't leaving, why would Roma even allow discussions to take place about his transfer?

And how do you know that discussions started? I read that each time offers were put in for the guy, Roma instantly rejected.

I heard that Sabatini went to England, not for Lamela, but for Osvaldo. Southampton are definitely interested. Tottenham, Liverpool and Fulham are/were rumored to be interested, along with a lot of foreign clubs (Atl. Madrid, Wolfsburg, Inter etc.)

Apart from that, I read that Tottenham were also interested in Pjanic, so even if Sabatnini went to speak to Tottenham, he might speak about Pjanic (who I also doubt will leave).

Although saying that, everything is possible. I DOUBT though, that Lamela will leave.

Soldato
:D nothing new there i suppose. Story of our summer, potential signings that we want, we cannot sign.

Wonder who is next, shame that Gustavo has decided to join Wolfsburg. Wonder why he chose them over us??. Saying that i have a feeling that its probably because Wenger thought £17mill or whatever the transfer fee was, was a bit too high for him lol. Wenger will never learn will he:(

Some reports are saying Wolfsburg bid lower and that gustavo wants garranteed first team football and wants to stay in Germany where he has been successful.

Weighing up a world cup medal or joining arsenal who have not won anything. Not surprising he doesn't join us. He will look better in Germany than having to adapt to a new league where he might not fit in and look bad, then not get picked for national team.

Really depressing. Wenger might as well bid for ronaldo, messi and bale. Just as likely to get them as anyone :p

Soldato
:D nothing new there i suppose. Story of our summer, potential signings that we want, we cannot sign.

Wonder who is next, shame that Gustavo has decided to join Wolfsburg. Wonder why he chose them over us??. Saying that i have a feeling that its probably because Wenger thought £17mill or whatever the transfer fee was, was a bit too high for him lol. Wenger will never learn will he:(

he might have joined or in the process of joining Wolfsburg because no one else went in for him? I haven't read anywhere that we were trying to sign him, only the usual tabloid crap. Apparently the fee is around £12m. Can't remember where I read it though. Probably more tabloid speculation ;)

I'm still convinced we'll sign Cesc, Rooney and Suarez before deadline day :p

Caporegime
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...re-ready-to-bid-40m-for-Barcelona-player.html

Fabregas is back ON! :o :(

Moyes just did an interview and said: Manchester United manager David Moyes: We are still working on several transfer targets

This is David Moyes:

chance.jpeg

Soldato
Don't worry fellow gooners, we'll be active in the transfer market before the deadline passes according to Monsieur Wenger

Wenger is confident he will add to his squad in the coming weeks.

"We are active," he told Arsenal Player. "We are in a situation like Manchester United, like Chelsea, where everybody expects signings and at the moment not a lot has happened.

"There are 18 days to go, so that is a long time in the transfer market and we will be active.

"I cannot certify what the number [of players coming in will be] but we will be active until the end, that is for sure."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-ll-be-active-before-deadline

By active, I'm guessing he means offering clubs £10m below the asking price of their players :o

Soldato
Don't worry fellow gooners, we'll be active in the transfer market before the deadline passes according to Monsieur Wenger

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-ll-be-active-before-deadline

By active, I'm guessing he means offering clubs £10m below the asking price of their players :o

At least we can be distracted by the football now. I just hope if we start well he doesn't think we don't need anyone. We have kept the players we want...now add to them not wait until we are out of everything and sign someone in January

Caporegime
LOL oh dear, i hope he is right and does make some signings but at the moment im not holding my breath. They really should just end the window the night before the season starts...if we do make signings then they will be panic buys and players who no one has ever heard of:p.

Getting tired of us being linked with so many players and nothing has come off..weirdest transfer window for a very long time. God knows what is going on with Arsenal and why we are failing so hard in trying to sign a few big name players.

Did read on the telegraph that we are going to make a £49mill bid for Suarez and see what happens. Just like the Utd and Fabregas saga, this one just isnt going to go away...dont know how many times Liverpool have to say to us that we are not selling him to u before we finally get the hint.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-final-bid-of-49m-for-Liverpool-striker.html

Samuel E'to is available too, we should make a bid £20mill max and see if Anzhi take it but i imagine his wages will be stupidly high...he was on a £1mill a month after tax in Russia:eek:

Soldato
At least we can be distracted by the football now. I just hope if we start well he doesn't think we don't need anyone. We have kept the players we want...now add to them not wait until we are out of everything and sign someone in January

Smells of the summer of 69 2011. Don't sign anyone, start horrendously, get spanked at old trafford 8-2, panic buy and end up with the likes of Santos and Park. Instead of United giving us a drubbing, it could be Spuds that causes this :eek:

Soldato
OP
Saw this on facebook, so take it with a pinch of salt, but I liked it.

735569_410930165678397_862650114_o.jpg

Problems for Arsenal?

Arsene Wenger has let 17 players leave this summer. He has brought in only one (and he was free). Now Arsenal have just 11 fit senior stars ahead of their opening game.

Caporegime
Smells of the summer of 69 2011. Don't sign anyone, start horrendously, get spanked at old trafford 8-2, panic buy and end up with the likes of Santos and Park. Instead of United giving us a drubbing, it could be Spuds that causes this :eek:

So far we have let 17 players go, which is great as its cleared out the rubbish we had in the squad. But it leaves us pretty thin in regards to backup cover, which is worrying.

Looks like Arteta might not make our opening fixture as well :/

No doubt the signings we will make by the end of the window will be unknown players on the cheap, thats if we manage to make any:p

Caporegime
AS usual things are overstated, almost none of those even played for us last year, of the few that did, basically one made more than a handful of starts, and he was completely crap anyway(Mr Forehead), so we've lost from the first team... no one at all, from the squad two, maybe three players, from the club, loads.

Arshavin IS an excellent player who got no chances, almost none of our youth players were worth a damn(as in sub 20 year olds) of the few over 20 year old reserves we had a couple had potential but HAD to leave to get a chance as like Arshavin they had zero shot under Wenger.

Arshavin should absolutely have been playing in the past two years, CHamakh was decent enough, certainly better than Gervinho, as with many others Chamakh's only problem was not being played. The often used didn't score 1 goal from November or something to the end of the season stat, yeah, because he wasn't being played.

It DOESN'T matter who we buy, when will Arsenal fans get this through their heads. If we have an excellent player who says the wrong thing(like "lets try and win something this season rather than fail miserably at tika taka" ) he'll be benched and frozen out. It doesn't matter how good a left back we bring in, Gibbs will play when fit, it doesn't matter if Theo is lazy and does nothing for 89 mins every game he'll play anyway. It doesn't matter if Ramsey or Diaby are rubbish, they'll play whenever possible to ruin the team and throw away crucial points. Whenever there is a crucial run of games in which we can get knocked out of two cups and have no chance at the title in the same three week period, he'll rotate poorly and lose us every crucial game, its what he does.

We've had multiple title capable teams since the last title, we still haven't won anything, because Wenger is delusional and has consistently made woeful decisions at every critical point of the season. Then Arsenal fans get all into a great run at the end of the season when the pressure is off and we can't win anything..... whoop-de-doo, we've done that almost every season, and yet still been completely uncompetitive the following season... until we're out of every competition then we'll go on a run again.

The common factor is Wenger, and he has to go, why does anyone care who he buys, if he buys Suarez, we won't win anything, if we buy Suarez, Fabregas and Ronaldo we won't win anything(and 2 of those 3 players wouldn't join us).

Associate
If Bale does leave, I hope he's a flop at RM but I don't see him leaving this season, I still think all this talk was to push Ronaldo into a new contract so he doesn't go back to Man Utd on a free transfer.

We won't get Fabregas so I don't know why those stories keep coming back on those so called new sites.

Spurs need to slow down on these signings and spending.

Caporegime
Spurs need to slow down on these signings and spending.

Why?? they are strengthening in the areas they need to unlike Arsenal. I dont think Bale will be leaving this summer myself, doesnt seem like Real have the money to spend on him even though anything over £40mill is far far too much for him.

They keep Bale and they will definitely get 4th and might even challenge for the PL title and other trophies. They have a strong squad although im hoping they all flop:p

Caporegime
Arteta injured, possibly out for 6 weeks.

:o Sign someone!

If Diaby is fit at all before the end of the window, expect Wenger to say that while Arteta is injured we have Diaby back and its "like a new signing" then 2 days after the window shuts(if we get lucky, 3 minutes if not) Diaby will get another season long injury.... after playing one game end of August, getting a goal and assist against... whoever the worst team to get promoted turns out to be.... and get a new contract just before his injury.

Its funny because its true ........ normally, I think Diaby is actually completely crock for some time yet. Wenger will probably say the same thing but about Wilshire instead.

Associate
Arteta injured, possibly out for 6 weeks.

:o Sign someone!

So he joins Monreal, Vermaelen and Diaby (and lets be honest he's broken plain and simple, if he plays more than 5 games i'll be amazed). And potentially Walcott.

It's just baffling how we can have signed no one. I am lost for words on what the board/Wenger are up to. No one's asking for us to go and do a City and ***** £100 million, but 3 or 4 solid signings to shore up the team at least. Tottenham seem to have managed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom