***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
The zombies still need a ton of work imo.

There seems to be too much emphasis on weapons/attachments/ silly motorcycle helmets etc rather than the core part of the game, zombies. They sound awful,clunky animations and out of sync. Still seem just an annoyance and just don't seem much of a threat.

Post-apocalyptic side of the game brings a HUGE draw to the game because it such a popular genre, games/ films are popping up every 5 minutes, and it just seems the day-z team are ignoring this content.

Needs to feel more PvEvP rather than just PvP.

Hope I am proved wrong!

Soldato
Agreed Spenj..

I don't want to have to sneak around a few zombies, I want to sneak around an enormous horde of them, I want to see 100s of them trying to get into my hide out.

If Dayz or any other game can give me that, then it is a day one purchase for me..

Somehow, I can't see DSA living up to the expectations..

Soldato
By the time it does, Infestation: SS, 7 Days to die and the numerous other games with the same concept and execution will be in way better working order and more enjoyable. Shame really as I was looking forward to this, I'll still grab it but meh.

Associate
By the time it does, Infestation: SS, 7 Days to die and the numerous other games with the same concept and execution will be in way better working order and more enjoyable. Shame really as I was looking forward to this, I'll still grab it but meh.

Did you just say infestation: SS will be in better working order and more enjoyable?!

Last edited:
Associate
I must admit, with the other z games mentioned (7 days to die) in this thread, DayZ is becoming less and less appealing to me. This is as well as what was also mentioned in this thread, the poor zombies and the focus on guns and the 10 million ways a player can get injured. I was hoping to see some sort of loose player rep based system (thus allowing bounty hunters (a reason to team up) for bandits etc etc).

Soldato
I must admit, with the other z games mentioned (7 days to die) in this thread, DayZ is becoming less and less appealing to me. This is as well as what was also mentioned in this thread, the poor zombies and the focus on guns and the 10 million ways a player can get injured. I was hoping to see some sort of loose player rep based system (thus allowing bounty hunters (a reason to team up) for bandits etc etc).

Yeah instead we get Cholera from dirty water, need to clean stuff and will most likely get an animation and the need to "****" in bushes.

It seems they are going a little to overboard with what can go wrong, when you watch the videos its looking better but still needs much to be done. I'd be surprised if it was even released this year now.

Associate
Yeah instead we get Cholera from dirty water, need to clean stuff and will most likely get an animation and the need to "****" in bushes.

It seems they are going a little to overboard with what can go wrong, when you watch the videos its looking better but still needs much to be done. I'd be surprised if it was even released this year now.

To be honest this what makes Dayz different and refreshing to me.

Associate
I don't mind that stuff (ways to die - proper survival strategy), but if all you do is round around and kill players and zombies and pick stuff up, might be a bit yawn.. Would be nice if one could work there way up to becoming the Governor :)

Soldato
To be honest this what makes Dayz different and refreshing to me.

I don't mind all that kind of stuff, but if you watch the videos then you'll see so much other work needs to be done before all this new stuff.

You'll know from playing the mod, plenty of problems but it was fun and still is for a lot of people. Just hope they fix the more important things before adding all these new ways of dying/surviving and new helmets etc.

Associate
I don't mind all that kind of stuff, but if you watch the videos then you'll see so much other work needs to be done before all this new stuff.

You'll know from playing the mod, plenty of problems but it was fun and still is for a lot of people. Just hope they fix the more important things before adding all these new ways of dying/surviving and new helmets etc.

This is the way game development works. All new functions need to go in alpha/early stage then worked on.

Soldato
I think people should play Infestation before judging it, way it is now it's better than the mod and is better than the standalone footage.

Soldato
Have to say, even from that rather....sketchy camera angle, the game is looking much more impressive and considerably less clunky than previous videos.

The inventory especially looks very fluid and user friendly.

They really need to do like an hour long video on the current state of the game, their current plans and so on, they seem to have released very little so far besides a few rather uninformative dev blogs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
think people need to remember how many are making this. theres a handful of people not a big dev team. so priorities must be used.

making 1hr videos or one hr on coding.

do like how its looking now the towns looking better and does look great.

Soldato
Yup have to admit, it looked a lot more fluid and responsive. Shame it's taking so long though, but i guess that's understandable considering what they want done and the size of the team.

Back
Top Bottom