***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato

Well the day has finally come. Dayz Standalone is now in Alpha.

If you'd like to have a little look what the game is like, follow our twitch channel @ www.Twitch.TV/thefallenunit (thanks)

You can buy this from Steam or from bohemia store. You don't need any other addons, just buy the game and let it install!

Just wanted to mention that we at cq247.co.uk recently got a new Dayz SA server.

All welcome, for those that dont know us we have been running Battlefield servers since the start of BF3 and have an active community and forums (and TS)

So make sure to pop on and have a look on cq247.co.uk. Fresh blood always welcome.

MarkeR TS :

DAYZ OCUK SERVER :

TFU TS3:
ts.thefallenunit.co.uk

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I liked the look of it tbh!!

End of the day its on an Alpha build and while there are some great Dayz Mods of Mods coming out, these guys are the experts so i'm sure over the course of the next 12 - 24 months we'll have a truly addictive game

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The best thing that can happen for Standalone is for everyone to stop playing dayz mod, go play another game i.e bf4, minecraft...what ever. Then come back when SA hits.

From personal experience, taking a long brake from Arma and coming back to Dayz was amazing and felt fresh.

Soldato
OP
I'd agree, especially if you go from playing ARMA 3 zoombies to SA, you'll probably be let down by the graphics and other things the ARMA 3 engine offers.

Tell me about it!

As much as it pains me i'm completely stopping playing Arma, we actually have a server which is ranked 3 in the world for Wastelands, still not going to play it! (worst "look at me i have a top ranked server, iknow :D)

Going to re-install BF3 and starting getting my (non exisiting skill) back.

Then when SA is released it will feel brand new with plenty of new places for me to explore. Not mention sneaking about slowly gearing up etc. One thing i'm narked off about is Deans complete lack of info on the night time/weather system. This to me is a fundamental part of zombie survivals. The only thing Warz had right was the night/day time cycle. Players should be forced to survive in the night instead of server hopping. Just imagine, things like deciding to use car headlights or not, or do i shoot this Z as there are people around....

Soldato
OP
LITTLE UPDATE:

Deans last tweet on the 28th of September:

“Realize the lack of #DayzDaily updates from me annoys some people. But I’ve taken a break from Forums/Reddit/life for the final lap. Cu soon.”

Now I know people are going to say:

* “He’s missed the mark”
* “There are better mods out there”
* “I’ve lost the feeling for dayz”
* “Meh who cares”
* “Lol – This wont fix the hackers mind”

Everyone has their opinion and respect that. But as I’ve been saying over and over again for me the only reason I stopped playing dayz was because of duping and hacking. Every game has hackers in it, I just hope that he’s been able to at least make a dent in it…..

There are some great mods out for dayz/arma, case in point Epoch. Lets look at this way. It was a community made mod. Imagine what will be added to dayz over the next 12- 24 months when the creator of the vanilla mod will produce with bohemia owning/backing the project.

I for one really want to be apart of it. I’ve no faith in most publishers/developers currently out there, nor is there any really huge game changing game out there. I do feel that Dean & Co will produce something worth spending 20 dollars/pounds for!!

See you survivors soon & remember if your looking for a clan to run with ;) www.TheFallenUnit.co.uk

Soldato
OP
Played DayZ mod for a while with Goon if you remember. :D

Was great fun, remember Sasso or Muzza getting run over which was tragically hilarious. :D Had to stop due to school work, hopefully the standalone is released soon, really looking forward to it now that I'm back into gaming a bit more.

Haha oh yeah, we've still got that video!! That was so funny.

You coming back for a run with us on Standalone mate?

Witcher1979 said:
Yes we were ready for a release last xmas before Rocket had to go away or something.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...december-2012/

Its a lot different this year thankfully. Rocket was native to think he do what he wanted so quick. It should now be out before Christmas. And if its not then he’s having some huge issues.

Soldato
OP
Would be awesome to go have a run with TFU for the standalone, was great fun during the mod, it was a shame my work got out of hand. Should be okay this year though. Might try to get on the team speak at some point and play some Battlefield if you guys don't mind. :p :D

More than welcome mate. I’m in a similar position to you, got a lot of work and a 13 week old baby. So any spare time is a luxury for me atm lol.

But yeah do drop by mate!

I am not hating, you are right in the respect that its not the sort of game for me as i prefer the more fast paced and dare i say 'skillful' DM style games like quake and unreal. But you could still explain what appeals about it to you? I am not going to **** all over your opinions i am genuinely curious as to what you find interesting about it. Especially if you are one of these people that watches others play lol.

e.g. is it the big maps etc, do you also enjoy the battlefield style games?

Think the comparison you’re looking to make is more like FPS meets MMO meets simulation.

As for the skilfulness, personally there is more skill with real tactics involved in Dayz that any other FPS game. You need to be able to track players while making sure you have your backside covered. You need to know your distances and make sure your zero’ing is always correct, know when to run to avoid fatigue, keep noise to a minimum, know your exits, read maps and contours and use your environment to blend in…. Whereas in say BF, you run gun die and respawn, rinse, repeat and rinse. .

Dayz is all about the exploration, the emersion and that epic feeling of survival. You spent time exploring and gathering kit, you feel attached to your kit and don’t want to let it go… Then you see an enemy player, your hands start to sweet, heart starts beating, leaving with two decisions… do you try and sneak out and hope you’ve not been spotted or go hunting for players to take their kit!

All of the above mixed in with game play with friends is un describable. Planning NWA runs in the dead of night to get some epic gear - Amazing! A group of us decided to raid a town with the moon light bright enough not to need NVGs, we knew the town might be full of bandits and Z’ds. So one of the 5 of us camped in a tree, he had NVG’s, silenced sniper rifle and camo kit.. As 4 of us walking into the town we heard “ping ping”, we saw the zombies dropping around us who were running towards us. Thankfully our friend had our back… Got some great kit, got out of there, put the stuff in the tent for our clan mates to use later on…………. Words cant explain how epic that felt. Dayz is what you make of it!

it depends how you play it sometimes its boring sometimes its truley epic.

also playstyle can be like chalk and cheese so move slowly survive some go for all out battles like me and who i play with. had some epic battles with some on here like MGT lot and the likes which have lasted for like a week at a time :p

if we get squads like that and tfu and others could make for some epic fun. thing is with how stuff is locked down now for standalone aswell there is no chance of unfair play either gunna be awesome !

I would love to see some large group vs large group! Alltho, the problem with OCUK servers it becomes a camp fest in the main towns! But I’m up that.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
wow at the comments in here... he created dayz, hes been.hard at work on an official stand alone version. chances are he'll be able to create game play.better than any of modders have, just needs more time.

but hey I suppose you guys are happy filling ea's pocket instead of.backing a genuine dev

Soldato
OP
Shocking..... Climbing Everest is something you book in advance, you cant just nip down to town and book via Thompsons! You need to plan and prepare yourself.

I personally think Rocket wore his heart on his sleeve and said some stuff which was too honest. Either way i trust him more than most Dev's and really enjoy listening to him!

Soldato
OP
I suppose in some respect yes, it is a Dean Hall thread. After all it is his vision.

Anyways…. Sent a text to my misses this morning saying “Listen, there’s no easy way of telling you this, but think its best I be honest about it. This way we can hopefully move on and deal with it together…………. Dayz standalone might be out before Christmas”!!!

Reply: “Great, pack your things and move into the garage”……. Cant tell if joking or not tho or if i should take her up on it :D

Back
Top Bottom